Aeromar

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Hey people, I just saw a pic of Aeromar's Boeing 737-200 and I would like to know, if they are still flying to Aruba, Cura?ao and Caracas???

Mi gente, reci?n vi una foto del Boeing 737-200 de Aeromar y me gustar?a saber si a?n vuelan a Aruba, Curazao y Caracas???

Thanks in advance.

Gracias por adelantado.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Aeromar is out of service since September 2003. This airline ceased operations because of its tragic financial situation, airline sold 6 000 tickets and didn't operate its planned XMas flights. Aeromar is gone.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This happens time after time with "So Called" Dominican Airlines!

They start flying dominicanto USA routes,don't pay their debts for "Jet Fuel",or landinf fees,they go "Bust" leaving thousands of Dominicans (Who else would fly these "Jokes")without tickets,refunds,or a way to get where they are going!I 8 years here I have seen it happen at LEAST 10 times! "PanAm",Air Dominicana,dominicam Airlines,NEVER fly these "Startups"! CCCC:confused:

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Thanks for the info, even when I knew all that, thank you.
But, please answer my question!!!
Are they still flying to Aruba, Cura?ao and Caracas???
Cuz I saw the pic of their Boeing 737-200 being towed at Las Am?ricas Int'l.

Thanks...

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I think I already answered your question, Aeromar is gone, it doesn-t operate any routes, B737-200 was taken by airport authority because Aeromar doesn-t pay their debts.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not too difficult a concept to understand

Flakko said:
Thanks for the info, even when I knew all that, thank you.
But, please answer my question!!!
Are they still flying to Aruba, Cura?ao and Caracas???
Cuz I saw the pic of their Boeing 737-200 being towed at Las Am?ricas Int'l.

Thanks...

They are broke, kaput, dead, muerto, extinct, dead as a mackeral, like the dead parrot, etc.

The one towed may have been being reposessed like a car.

I hate to admit it but Aviastar got this one right, twice.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
ricktoronto, you don't have to use such sentance as :

I hate to admit it but Aviastar got this one right, twice.

Like 6 months ago when Aeromar was ok I published many messages saying what will happen to them, if you will read them again you will see that 100% of all I posted about BQ became reality.

Aeromar's biggest mistake was desire to fly everywhere where there is a single sky. When they published their timetable for HAV I told you that it will not last for more than 2 weeks, so it happened. Also their load factor to CCS didn't move higher than 20 seats maximum. Aeromar was not stable airline, their financial situation always was critical. They've spread fake info about Air Atlanta's 49% of stocks, guess what for, to sell those 6 000 tickets for Xmas.

Aeromar never had a single professional manager, stuff was changing all the time, people who had no idea about aviation became heads of the company. This was an amateur company, a real dominican airline where employees come to work just to get their monthly check, where they have no interest to build a path to the future. Where limpia bota can be a manager just because he is a pana de tal.

I was wrongfully accuused of being anti-dominican airline person, I've been banned from this forum when I posted all the truth about Aeromar, but I told you all

TIME WILL JUDGE US ,

So what happened, Aeromar is gone. I am not an oracle, I just know about aviation, this is my profession, this is what I studied in Aviation Academy during 4 years, this is what I've been doing all the time.

Unfortunately I became a target on this forum, everyone started to hate me here, the reason - me against Aeromar, so .......

Last edited:

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Well my people, thanks!!!

I didn't want to upset nobody with my first reply.
I asked, cuz I read in a the newspaper a while ago, that they were still flying to Havana, etc...

I, personally, don't think that because someone says the truth, he should be banned.
I'm sure the people under Aeromar's administration didn't know sh...t about aviation, they probably just had a single goal:
"To become rich". If it was so, that's a shame. Cuz we don't have yet an airline with respect for the dominicans!!!

Let's hope that change in a few year, meanwhile we have to fly foreing carriers to our country and pay them whatever they charge.

Take Care

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Who Banned You?

Flakko said:
Well my people, thanks!!!

I didn't want to upset nobody with my first reply.
I asked, cuz I read in a the newspaper a while ago, that they were still flying to Havana, etc...

I, personally, don't think that because someone says the truth, he should be banned.

1. Must have been a LONG while ago.
2. You're still posting so how are you banned.

I remember the old Saturday Night Live days when Weekend Update opened every newscast with the news that "generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead".

Maybe Rob can do the DR1 news pages with "Aeromar is still dead" in honour of SNL.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
When I said banned, I was talking about Aviastar, who said that he was banned cuz he said the truth 'bout Aeromar.
That's why!!!

When I read that it was a long ago, but I asked cuz I saw that pic, and that's all.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Aeromar LAD

Well problems problems problems...

Aeromar planning was not on time, the management was not good, but if a flight can not be profitable you need to continue to make it profitable, well Aeromar have says that their fould was or both floulds Aeromar and Investors to sell 7000 tickets for December High Season. the Investors says that they will order some aircrafts for Aeromar and that was the reason why Aeromar has continue selling tickets. Aerodom also doesnt want to have a client lesser.

About the route New York Santo Domingo

Aeromar or any carrier that will fly these route need to have a good budget, first years are extremly expensiv also that the DR is a CAT 2 country make to lease aircrafts expensiv. Air Santo Domingo also have seen that this route is not profitable all the money that you earn goes to costs and lease of aircafts.

Aeromar have done a good job with poor end, a lot of problems the last year just the economic situation have make this true that Aeromar have closed operations till new notice. Aeromar havent declared bankrupt, so this airline can be in the air at one time again.

What was the reason that Aeromar have financial problems and doesnt pay?

in the Aviation World is not just only flying to JFK to SDQ, their is more, due high fuel costs and economic crisis cant Aeromar make profitable flights, the last year were better then the last years but the money that they have earned was not enough to keep in air!

What for the future?

Aeromar is out service, Air Santo Domingo is just new and doesnt have a big image as Aeromar, So a lot of people doesnt know a lot of ASD, American Airlines will increase ticket prices also Continental because their is no competency we are just few years more with the same situation.

Air Santo Domingo want take over Aeromar's routes but if Aeromar can't make profitable why Air Santo Domingo can do it?

The future of this route is just high season 1 daily and mid/low season 3 weekly flights for Air Santo Domingo.

Would we see Aeromar back in air?

Well everybody says No, and i think the same answer NO, but negotiations is still there, dont forget a lot of investors have interest in Aeromar,ok they have now a BAD IMAGE bad the investors just want take over Aeromar , new management new airline, new aircrafts, so long we need to confirm that Aeromar life is just over.

Again a Dominican Air line declared banckruptcy, would the consuments fly any other dominican airline again, is thit bad for Air Santo Domingo?

Well ASD need to establish for at least 5 years on this route then can the people trust a dominican airline, prices are one of the reasons why people fly unknown airline, Air Santo Domingo is good but they need to have their fares very low, the most people doenst Trust a new DOMINICAN based Start Up airline.

Are their any rumours about the current situation of the Aviation in the DR?

Rumours that ASD have bought a B737-300 registred in USA under the FAA regulations to fly JFK-MIA and a B752 ordered also owned and registred in USA.

If we can trust DGAC then the DR will be back in CAT 1 this year (2004)

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
they can still come back although I don't see it happening.

you can never say "never"

I have seen stanger things happen

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
All that Goodwill of course......

cmedina07 said:
they can still come back although I don't see it happening.

you can never say "never"

I have seen stanger things happen

I'd think it would be a GREAT idea to bring it back to trade on the goodwill of the Aeromar name and track record. LOTS of name recognition. Of course it's got lots of recognition because 6,000 people got ripped off and stranded, so the idea that some idiot would resuctate the airline or the brand name is a really really smart one.

Jan 1, 2002
eh escuchado eso, me lo pueden confirmar.

ASD compro un 737-300 y tiene una intencion de ordenar un 757-200, matriculado N, como dice samana, alguien confirma algo concreto aqui?