Which Is The Best Place To Live In Dr?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Guys and Gals, we have not have a new debate in a few weeks and I since I am planning to move to the DR in the future, I would like to know of a nice place where I can call home. It can be in a campo or a city, as long as it's quiet. I do have a home in the capital that it is in a very nice neigborhood but it's too crowded and a home in Cabarete that I can not make it my home because I co-own it with my brother. Looking to buy a home in El Naco but I would like to now about other hidden treasures the I don't know about. Just let me know of nice places the you have been to and I will do the rest. Let's the debate begin. I say that contanza is pretty nice. What do you think?

PS: AZB, it seems like you have been all over the place in the DR, your insight will be more than appreciated.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Note: This is not a debate, so I moved it.

Give us more info and we might be able to help.

House, apartment, farm?
Beach, campo, city etc?
Internet, cable TV?
Shopping?
Airport access?
Electricity?
etc etc etc...

If you looking for no people, cheap land values, try looking at La Altagracia between Jimani and Pedernales.
The road is a bit bumpy, but the views are nice :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Forget constanza, there is nothing there to live for. The girls are unattractive and it gets as cold as USA. Its so far away and isolated that you won't even think you are living in DR. The road to get there is a mess and no one will come to visit you. I don't know what the big deal is about constanza.
Tell us, would you be working here to pass time? Will you consider opening up a business? If you simply want to retire then try living in a campo near moca. You will get a big bang for your dollar and you will get to live in a nice sized comfortable house in a quiet location. I also like Jarabacoa where the weather is always pleasant and you are still close to santiago (45 mins away). If you would like to live far away form the city hassle then consider moving to santiago rodriguez. Its closer to no where and people are very friendly. Almost no crime to write home about and the women are just delicious. You will be in heaven, so come alone or you might be compelled to divorce your wife.
I would personally like to live in a campo up in the hills, on the scenic road to puerto plata from santiago. There are plenty of campos right off the main road with a million dollar view of the valley and mountians down below. You will live to be 100 yrs simply by breathing the fresh air and eating the pure campo food products. I will become your best buddy and will come and visit you every weekend. There is electricity and some places have telephone lines. Fixed cell will work. I will hook you up with a direct TV dish and my tigre friend will program the card to open up all the channels.
Now if you are thinking of opening up a business then stay close to the city. First choice: capital. Second choice: none (maybe santiago).
Good luck buddy and keep us updated on your plans.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
Speaking of little towns

I have driven from Sosua to Santiago twice over the mountians. WHat is that little two about the half way point in the bottom of the valey. It looks to have apopulation of around 1200-1500. It is really a nice little town to me. I think it was La Cumbre or something like that.
John

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Little towns

You have Lajas de Yaroa and Pedro Garcia, and there is Los LLanos also.

These are tiny little places although Pedro Garcia is a "Municipal District"

Of course I'd vote for Santiago...

HB

Note: I would not live in Santo Domingo unless forced to do so. Too much hassle, too much dirt, too much noise....and way too expensive..

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
AZB said:
Forget constanza, there is nothing there to live for. The girls are unattractive and it gets as cold as USA. Its so far away and isolated that you won't even think you are living in DR. The road to get there is a mess and no one will come to visit you. I don't know what the big deal is about constanza.
Tell us, would you be working here to pass time? Will you consider opening up a business? If you simply want to retire then try living in a campo near moca. You will get a big bang for your dollar and you will get to live in a nice sized comfortable house in a quiet location. I also like Jarabacoa where the weather is always pleasant and you are still close to santiago (45 mins away). If you would like to live far away form the city hassle then consider moving to santiago rodriguez. Its closer to no where and people are very friendly. Almost no crime to write home about and the women are just delicious. You will be in heaven, so come alone or you might be compelled to divorce your wife.
I would personally like to live in a campo up in the hills, on the scenic road to puerto plata from santiago. There are plenty of campos right off the main road with a million dollar view of the valley and mountians down below. You will live to be 100 yrs simply by breathing the fresh air and eating the pure campo food products. I will become your best buddy and will come and visit you every weekend. There is electricity and some places have telephone lines. Fixed cell will work. I will hook you up with a direct TV dish and my tigre friend will program the card to open up all the channels.
Now if you are thinking of opening up a business then stay close to the city. First choice: capital. Second choice: none (maybe santiago).
Good luck buddy and keep us updated on your plans.
I KNEW THAT I COULD COUNT ON YOU. Constanza out of the question. NO, I will not retire, I am opening up some businesses. A close friend also tels me that his town or campo, Jarabacoa is very nice. I have also heard great things about Santiago Rodriguez. I would also, personally, rather live in a campo, as you said, where I could have that valley and hills view. Thanks for the inputs and all the places you told me, will be written on my notebook under " places to go see". Thanks again

Bernice Nowack

Jan 4, 2004
Where To Live

I just spent two weeks in Boca Chica and it was lovely..not far from Santa Domingo and right near a beautiful beach, etc.
All the areas are a little antiquted compared to the states but it is nice living..I am thinking of going back...Pappion

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Ocoa?

Dont do Boca Chica! too many whores, too much tourism (unless your business is geared directly to tourists) - OH, and toooo expensive!

Im from San Cristobal, lovely views there too, city, beaches and campos all in one municipality. My family is originally from Ocoa. If you take a drive to the North part of the island through San Cristobal you will pass Bani and Azua, which are also beautiful and developing cities good for business. Ocoa is far off, mountanous to get there and a hassle, but if you like views and beautiful people, then is a good choice. They have websites about Ocoa too....

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Avoid Boca Chica

If you doubt me search up sextourism sites and see what is mentioned. Boca Chica is a Sextourism haven in the DR and anywhere near the beach any body you meet will be a prostitue (in general).

It's not the people it is a know business site for this kind of business, so be aware and consider your self warned.

-Lee