Hair transplant

eskil

Jan 4, 2004
Hair transplants in the DR? Good or bad idea? If good idea, can anyone recommend a clinic/doctor?

Thanks in advance.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Very good idea to get hair transplant done in DR. The job is close to perfect and the price is a joke as compared to american rates. there are many plastic surgeons who have training from USA, Israel and europe who have come here to live and perform hair transplant proceedures for alot less. They can afford to do it for less because their expenses are low: they pay very little malpractice insurance, little paper work, pay alot less to their assistants and the rent is in pesos; plus they get to live in paradise.
I have heard about a lady in santo domingo who is trained in israel. I have seen her work and I was amazed to see that it was done in DR. There is another doctor working out of la vega; his work is also amazing. They all use micro-grafts to make the natural hairline and then continue on backards. You will pay 1/4 of the american prices for a job well done. My friend who especially went to miami to get a proceedure done, came back with scares. Now he puts on gel, hair thickening spray to cover up his black dotted head while looking like a a member of Devo (80's new wave band).
I am bald and I know what I am talking about. If you are considering of getting transplant proceedure done in DR, don't wait. Don't listen to anyone, I have already done all the research for you. Just go ahead and find these doctors. There are only a few of them in DR and people will tell you who they are if you simply ask around.
Good luck. AZB

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AZB said:
there are many plastic surgeons who have training from USA, Israel and europe who have come here to live and perform hair transplant proceedures for alot less.
Good luck. AZB

AZB, you are not bald so you dont need a hair transplant. If you do decide to get one though, I think you should use one of the Doctors from Isreal. If he dosent do a good job, he can always give you a yarmulke to wear.

Larry