ATM's punta cana

lorimark

Nov 20, 2003
Does anybody know if there are ATM's at the reorts in Punta Cana, like say the Iberostar Bavaro? If not, can yuexchange american for dr at the airport?

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
You can use american dollars pretty much anywhere anyway, but if you do specifically want pesos, then yes you can change your dollars at the airport but i bet the rate would be better elsewhere.

When you get to your resort the hotel rate is often not the best either. have a good look around first.

Enjoy yourself

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I cannot say for anything certain about ATM's at the Iberostar Bavaro. There are ATM's at the bank's near the Friusa crossroads 4 km from the resort and at Plaza Bavaro. You can change currencies in the banks or at Vimenca (Western Union) at Plaza Bavaro. The Vimenca has been providing the best rates recently. Don't worry too much about having to convert currencies just when you arrive, dollars are accepted most everywhere. When you do convert, just do enough for a day or two spending, that way you will not be stuck with too many Pesos when you leave.

Tips: Photocopy your passport, keep a good photocopy in your wallet or purse and put the passport in a secure place. The banks are now asking for I.D. when converting currencies, use the photocopy as your I.D.

You will get a receipt when you exchange currencies. Save the receipt and use it in the same bank or exchange to convert your Pesos back to Dollars prior to leaving the country. The banks want to keep the Dollars and will not convert unless you have the receipt.

Regards, PJT

lorimark

Nov 20, 2003
thanx

thanks. I think i will see if i can get away with the use f usd, and if not then i'll look for a place to change.