Ground Hog Day Party at Xanadu for DR1'ers

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
party-smiley-020.gif

At the suggestion of the Camden's a new, soon-to-be-annual, DR1 party has been born.

You are all invited to Xanadu to observe Ground Hog's Day (Candlemas for you Brits) with both ground and un-ground barbecued hog, beef, and various other animals recommended by PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) plus shiskabobs, and more. Beverages will include sodas, rum, whiskey, beer, screw top barrel sized jugs of wine - and even some corked varieties for the finickier palates. Last one standing still able to see his shadow and thus offer a forecast of no more rain for the DR wins a prize. XR & Alba, plus Robert (DR1), Chris & Richard, Amy, Camden Tom, Camden Mary, and if we can pull them away from the Tiki dancers, Hlywud and the Warden should all be around.Plus meet and greet regular XanaduRanch characters Jose, Cristian, Chili and the rest of the gang.

We're expecting to hold court poolside at Xanadu beginning mid-afternoon on Monday, February 2nd, 2004.

XanaduCity Guagua Lines will be available to ferry limited numbers of revelers to and from the festivities here in the jungle from Sosua and Cabarete. RSVP!

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Believe it or Not ...

You would be welcome anytime. We need to have a debate in person sometimeover some Dominican libations. Drop Alba and I a note next time you're in the vicinity and we'll make space for you ...

Tom (aka XR)

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Darn!

If this had been planned a week or 2 earlier I would have changed my travel dates. I leave the DR on Jan. 30. (But I will be with you in spirit(s)).

Bob H.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Chris said:
Just one question before I decide whether I'll attend or not, will we have wine with corks or wine without corks. :laugh:
Mostly wine without corks. But we will have a few extra corks for anyone who spouts off enough to need one to keep quiet. :: smile ::

Tom (aka XR)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Darn!

appleman said:
If this had been planned a week or 2 earlier I would have changed my travel dates. I leave the DR on Jan. 30. (But I will be with you in spirit(s)).
Bob,

Can't say no to a fellow Midwesterner who actually knows where Dubuque is! Drop us an e-mail or a PM and we'll arrange an afternoon free here for you while you're in the neighborhood. No problem. See you soon ...

Tom (aka XR)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I work on mondays :(
sorry but I would have to miss the free food and booze.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
You wouldn't have liked it ...

Aftab,

Stop by on Sunday or Tuesday, then. I plan on having 3 or 4 UBH's* in bikinis in the pool during the party on Monday as eye candy to placate Robert anyway. If you stop by on Tuesday I promise to still have the free booze, and I'll pick up a few high class, high IQ, rubias from the University in Santiago to hang around poolside with you.

Tom (aka XR)

*Ugly Black Hooker

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I have a question.....are the "colored women with knives " going to be there? I am in the beginnings of planning trip, late Feb or early March most likely but if my schedule jibes, I might make it a bit sooner. If I do, I will pop in.

Larry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
PLISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

XanaduRanch said:
party-smiley-020.gif

At the suggestion of the Camden's a new, soon-to-be-annual, DR1 party has been born.

You are all invited to Xanadu to observe Ground Hog's Day (St. Swithin's Day for you Brits) with both ground and un-ground barbecued hog, beef, and various other animals recommended by PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) plus shiskabobs, and more. Beverages will include sodas, rum, whiskey, beer, screw top barrel sized jugs of wine - and even some corked varieties for the finickier palates. Last one standing still able to see his shadow and thus offer a forecast of no more rain for the DR wins a prize. XR & Alba, plus Robert (DR1), Chris & Richard, Amy, Camden Tom, Camden Mary, and if we can pull them away from the Tiki dancers, Hlywud and the Warden should all be around.Plus meet and greet regular XanaduRanch characters Jose, Cristian, Chili and the rest of the gang.

We're expecting to hold court poolside at Xanadu beginning mid-afternoon on Monday, February 2nd, 2004.

XanaduCity Guagua Lines will be available to ferry limited numbers of revelers to and from the festivities here in the jungle from Sosua and Cabarete. RSVP!

Tom (aka XR)
Am I invited???. Just kidding. Seriously. Hehe. Have Fun All You Guys And Gals!!!!.

Presence ?

We are scheduled to exit POP the next morning at 9 am, so we will likely only be there for an hour or two in the afternoon. May also have some northern Ontario friends along.
Therefore I must have a ride there and and ride back in time for my last view of the Tiki dancers at the AI and some time to pack my bags.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Xanadu City Guagua Lines to the Rescue.

No problem. We were planning on starting around 2 or 3 in the afternoon so you will not have to worry about missing the Tiki Dancers. We do expect photos if said dancers in the media gallery upon your return, however. At least one with the Warden dancing along ...

Tom (aka XR)

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Can't wait.

As previously discussed with Tom, I will make potato salad and bring some blue cheese for the steaks ..... I've also had a request (from CabareteCid who is planning on coming) for guacamole (sp?).
XR, where did you get that HUGE bad of avos that you brought to our old house? Do you think we could organise another one (maybe a little bit smaller) about a week before the party?

Stay well,
Amy