Xmas in DR?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Did anybody spend Christmas in DR? I just came back, spent 3 weeks there. It was GREAT! I hadnt been there in December for almost 5 years now, cant wait for December again!

Dec 9, 2002
Glad to hear you had a good time, why not do a trip report - tell us where you stayed, what you did there, what made it so good. Where were you going for holidays for the last 5 years then?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Yeah, just got back last Friday. It was great, too much fun..........I already feel the withdrawal symptoms. Oh well, only the bullshit that people were trying to feed me and the traffic annoyed me. I'll post in the trip reports for more details on the vacation.

Did I mention that the weather was great? Santo Domingo hasn't felt this good since January of 2000 when it dropped to 65 degrees Farenheit................

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
My trip

My mother actually lives in San Cristobal, close to the capital. she moved back after I got married (now divorced) She has a well stablished business and is doing better than me over there. So I dont have to pay anything for my stay.

I pretty much stayed local. I had my wallet stolen on the ride from the aiport to my house (lost my cash and my passports) didnt let that get to me. Only had to go to the Consulate 5 times to get all of it straighened out. Thank God I had copies of my paperwork and my kid's birth certificate and lots of pictures I had sent my mom from the states. Since my license and credit cards were stolen, I couldnt rent a car, I was forced to get to know my town all over again :eek:)

San Cristobal is home to many baseball players and Baseball academies, so the whole town was full of 'jipetas' and big ballers (i.e. Raul Mondesi formely of the Yankees). We also had some big basketball finals, I tell you, people there will take ANY excuse to drink in the streets... Went to the beach, my favorite is Najayo, far better than Boca Chica or any other resort, and to Palenque.

Being there with my childhood friends, who I call almost every week, was all good. I have been in the states since I was 8, but have gone back every year since then, so I'm still very much a Dominican at heart. B/c of the wallet incident, I was not able to rent a car like I normally do, but all in all, it was awsome!