1 week apartment rentals in sto dgo???

AmoRD

Dec 20, 2003
Does anyone know of any centrally lacated apartments that rent for a week in santo domingo (preferably in a fashionable area of the city)? (is this done at all? are there any agencies I can contact for this?) I'm planning to visit in May with a group of 8 friends and thought this might be cheaper than staying at a hotel??? We also plan to go up to Puerto Plata for 2 days....any hotel suggestions? Thanks!!!

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
AmoRD said:
Does anyone know of any centrally lacated apartments that rent for a week in santo domingo (preferably in a fashionable area of the city)?

A fashionable area of the city? The upscale areas of the city to a resident are probably a lot different that what you would percieve to be a "fashionable" area. I am not sure exactly what you mean, but we are not in New York or Paris, we are in Santo Domingo, a dirty, unorganized, the adjectives could go on, third-world city. Perhaps the colonial zone would be along your lines or something on the Malecon (Santo Domingo's beautiful-if you look in the right directions- rocky waterfront).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
AmoRD said:
preferably in a fashionable area of the city

This would be Naco or Piantini.
1 week apartments are not very easy to come by. In fact I have never seen them in these areas.

Not much help, sorry. Maybe others have the info your looking for.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
AmoRD said:
Does anyone know of any centrally lacated apartments that rent for a week in santo domingo (preferably in a fashionable area of the city)? (is this done at all? are there any agencies I can contact for this?) I'm planning to visit in May with a group of 8 friends and thought this might be cheaper than staying at a hotel??? We also plan to go up to Puerto Plata for 2 days....any hotel suggestions? Thanks!!!
Try the Turey hotel. Tell the owner that Miguel told you to call him and that you were interested in the condo/apartment that they have. It has everything you can ask for. Is located in El Naco. It has 2 bedrooms with ac's, 2 tv's with cable, stove, fridge, microwave, washer, dinnette set and it's furnished from top to bottom. If interested, pm me.