Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Planning to move to Rio San Juan....Good idea?

Hi, i'm from Montreal,Canada and i'm planning to move to Rio San Juan. I was there last year and also this year (Dec 29 to Jan 5).yes, just arrived yesterday

I have a family of 2 kids (1 boy (9years) and 1 girl (3 years) and a wife
    I plan to quite my job and go live there in Rio San Juan.....probably opening a small business there, also planning to buy or construct a house.......what do you think about that??

I appreciate information on this

Thanks..

Post Thanks / Like

make sure you know where are going to live and how you are going to support yourself and most important your family. try to talk to others foreign that live in the part of the country and see if it is worthit to move down there. also talk to local that you know and see if the business that you want to start will generate money. if you are planning to construct a house make sure you get help from a local that you trust to help you find a good engineer that would not reap you. as soon as they now you are not from the country they think that you are a millioniare. also try to find out if they have good school for your kids and safety. i am planning to do that in a year, but i am from there and i know my people and the system. the better you learn the system and the people and let them know that are very familiar everything will be better for you. also find a way to meet the people who have money in the part of the country. once the local knows that you are friend with them they respect you more, not because they have money, but because they know that they know people in power. i hope you have a great time and everything work out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think you should take off your

Rose coloured glasses.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR PHUCKING MIND??

Río San Juan? Population 8,000. Population that can read a newspaper: 200. Population that has money to spend: 100

And you want to open a business?

If you had said Cabarete, or Sosua or Puerto Plata, maybe,

Or Santo Domingo, La Romana or Juan Dolio?? maybe..

Name me one business that you can start in Rio San Juan that will survive. Just one...

Please think before you do something as stupid as this...

HB (Hope that wakes him up!)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default aaaaaaaaaand,"Hillbilly" is just telling you the "Good" stuff!

Please come on down!I love happy endings! Cris Colon

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hillbilly

I haven't had a good laugh in a while but that was good hillbilly. But perhaps you haven't considered he may be french canadian.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffee all over my keyboard....

HillBilly, you should put a notice on your tread... My coffee just spilled all over my keyboard....

For a wake-up call... this is a good one... LOLLLLL

Hey!! I do understand this guy, he is just coming back from a nice trip, 30 celcius, sunshine, rum, cerveza....

When he land at Mirabel airport, minus 20C, a West wind at 60 km and 60cm(2') of snow(not sand).

I got the same feeling everytime I comeback from DR, when I open the door at the airport and I get hit by the cold wind and snow outside.... I always ask myself. What the f**k I'm doing here... I could run a computer everywhere in the world where there is a phone line and earn a living....

Marmar:

What you mean by??
    ««But perhaps you haven't considered he may be french canadian.»»

Max

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I would watch

out for stupid comments Marmar,..
    uhmmm, who by the way made Cabarete and at the time made sure there was no hookers and sellers on the beach while they were running the show....

aka - shadley
    Post Thanks / Like

I live nearby rio san juan.

Hillbilly is right. there is no real good way to start a biz there...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miko you lost me....

I check in the dictionary... all the word you write down are there... but I do not understand what you mean... If this is an inside comment... please let me know... Otherwise I will think I got a brain failure when I get my diner and a good bottle of wine (bordeau) with wifey tonight.... It is minus 48C with the wind factor tonight... not bad Hey...

Max

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he means that French Canadians were involved in the development of Cabarete as a tourist destination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast