Fuel crisis in DR airports.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Critical situation in this country with fuel will bust tomorrow. Airports have no fuel for flights, beginning Saturday we will see problems, government should react fast. PUJ is in critical condition.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Ship arrived today. Operations should be back to normal by Sunday. SDQ and STI are the critical ones.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
How did this happen?

With so much of the economy dependant on tourism how is it that the powers that be allowed the fuel crisis happen?
John

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
no Juice

Ok but as I understand every other part of the world where there patronage system is strong there is one thing that is never violated. The money must flow.
No tourist no money. No flights no tourist. No fuel no flights.
No fuel /no money for patron. No money for patron cement shoes.
So stupidity is suicide.
John

reracked

Sep 26, 2003
The lack of jet fuel in the DR is not as dramatic as it seems and
it will certainly NOT affect tourism in any way.
Airlines are prepared for this. Inbound flights tanker fuel (i.e. they carry extra fuel) so they have to fuel less in the DR.
In the extreme case, e.g. no fuel available at all, they will do a fuel stop in Gander, Bermuda or San Juan or elsewhere on the line.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Searcher said:
Very simple....people in power have no juice in their brains

Talk about no juice then you have the attorney general saying to the E.C. envoy that Dominicans are big enough to deal with their own problems so he should not get involved on internal issues, but what he seems to forget is whenever the government nedds to go beg for money to the E.C. the Dominicans forget about being old enough to deal with their own problems because they need the money to steal it like they are "A BUNCH OF THIEFS"who are starving this country to the ground.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
reracked said:
The lack of jet fuel in the DR is not as dramatic as it seems and
it will certainly NOT affect tourism in any way.

Yes it was as dramatic. FYI, some charters cancelled their flights because of the fuel problems.

lorismillie

Jul 7, 2002
Fuel Shortage a huge problem !!!

Hello - we have been trying to receive information all morning about cancelled and delayed flights from POP. Skyservice in Canada had informed us that the flight we are looking for will depart POP, but will be delayed because the plane has to stop in Nassau for refuelling because there is no jet fuel in the DR to fill the planes for their return trip back.

This has caused numerous problems (delays & cancellations) for all airlines and I find this disasterous that a country would allow this to happen when tourism is such a huge dependency of survival. In all the years that we have been travelling to the DR, this is the first I have heard of such a problem

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
also we did have that problem at LMM sju Airport..we have to Upgrade Aircraft to load more fuel for the return flights.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
on Monday my airline informed me that it cancelled flight from Moscow to PUJ for 13.01 I had to get a signed guarantee from Esso, only after I got it the plane was released from MOW.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Sucking Fumes

lorismillie said:
Skyservice in Canada had informed us that the flight we are looking for will depart POP, but will be delayed because the plane has to stop in Nassau for refuelling because there is no jet fuel in the DR to fill the planes for their return trip back.

Reason # 4,002,103 to avoid charter airlines.