Meds translations

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
When I go to the drug store here and ask for something all I know is the english name for the meds. Where can I find the translation in spanish for a drug? I want to find the equivelant here but the people working in the pharmacia have no idea what I'm asking for.
Specific. Soma. Vicodin. Ultracet.Celebrex. Vioxx.
How about an on line PDR for the drugs here. The PDR in english doesn't have a clue about the names of stuff I'm entering from here.

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Jan, you may need a scrpit for some of those, or at least that's what I was told. The pharmacia in Sosua had no trouble when I asked for muscle relaxers. Try asking for Naxodol or Norflex. I think those are close to Soma

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Is There a Doctor in the House?

When I moved to the Caribbean I had a problem with finding a similar birth control pill. What I did was take it to my doctor (in the Caribbean) and ask him to find a med with the same quantity of each ingredient, which he did by reading up in one of his medical journals that he kept in the office.
Maybe we have a doctor here who will help by doing the same??
Stay well,
Amy

S

Stephen

Meds

Jan, I have never had a problem finding anything that we have ever needed.

However, I think if you go on line first, and get the generic name/ingrediant for the drug and then take that on a piece of paper to the pharmacy they will have a much better idea of what you want.

ie: Soma -- Carisoprodol

Vicodin -- Hydrocodone bitartrate, Acetaminophen

Celebrex -- celecoxib

ETC...........................

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
Jan

This is a life saver for me. I'm on two pills twice a day tell my back is done mid March. But the cost is the real killer up here.

200 @ 315.50

Hope you can find a way of getting them.

If not I could bring you some in Feb. when I plan to come down.Let me know.

Judy