Nightclubs in Capital

MrBoneznyc

Jan 10, 2004
My cousin is getting married in DR. We are all dominicans. He is getting married in Santiago, but we are gonna do a bachelor party for about 3 days in the capital. I am not interested in hookers. I am interested in anyone who knows the names of the clubs we can go to and party. Good, "clean" fun. No strip clubs. Can anyone give me the cool club names and numbers in capital. We want to get VIP and the whole thing. Gonna treat it like vegas. big money at the bar, lots of drinks and dancing. Its in June but i want to start working on the arrangements now. Thanx

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
No estoy seguro que recomendarte hacer, pero podrias considerar reservar la discoteca "Jubilee" del Hotel Jaragua, o quizas la nueva "Seven to Seven" antigua "Bella Blu" que aparentemente ha estado bien caliente ultimamente. Suerte!.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
There is also

In the colonial zone, Fusion Rose, Abbacus, 8 Puertas and a couple of bars on the first street crossing the front of "El Alcazar de Colon"

Ps dont go to club Aire unless its a gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) party!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
club Aire

I think Club Aire has at least one or two "mainstream" events per week as well as private parties. Let your level of homophobia guide you.

8 puertas features music of the variety favored by Extasy users, i.e. many more beats per minute than variety...enjoy

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Dancin'

Hey, Im so jealous, I wish I could go on a dancing spree for 3 days right now!

Go to Avenida San Vicente in San Isidro (like going towards the airport). My favorite is O'Side, inside there you dont know quien viaja y quien no.

P.S. I found that most clubs have a stripper night, fortunately the dancers dont start until after 3 or 4, so you can always go to D'Noche en el malecon despues de eso.

Have fun!

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I don't what you think about this, but I wouldn't waste my time going to the capital - in my opinion everything you need is better in Santiago.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
no disguises here...

No, I just spent 3 months in Santiago in 2002 and really liked what I saw as far as the social scene. I didn't go out as to as many places as I would have liked but I think Santiago would be the place I can imagine for a bachelor party.

Though, I must admit I have never been to Santo Domingo but everyone in my group of friends who has been to both cities prefers Santiago.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
MrBoneznyc said:
but we are gonna do a bachelor party for about 3 days in the capital. I am not interested in hookers.
Good, "clean" fun. No strip clubs. Can anyone give me the cool club names and numbers in capital. We want to get VIP and the whole thing. Gonna treat it like vegas. big money at the bar, lots of drinks and dancing.

What kind of lame bachelor party are you planning? Sounds the the wife to be and her friends have stepped in and castrated the groom and friends.

BTW. As I have said before. Comparing the nightlife of Santo Domingo with the Nightlife of Santiago is like comparing New York City with Des Moines!

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Dancing

8 puertas I heard that is close and Aire is a gay bar thats what I know you need to be very cool and open mind to go that place.

La Guacara Taina "The cave" you can rent it that what some people are doing for private party or go to Las Holas Disco in Hotel Hamaca "Boca Chica" they will charge you around US10.00 per person having all the Drink inclusive from 11:00pm to 4:00pm.
Im not sure is that the price still.

Homer Simpson

MrBoneznyc

Jan 10, 2004
Dear Tony,
I only posted that so people wouldnt start with go to "doll house" or "remington house". I got the other half of the party already lined up. I did mention we were Dominican, didnt I? I just wanted the "normal" clubs to go to. I am going to call these clubs to arrange VIP, cage dancing and table dancing, but in a regular club environment. I got a whole plan going on. This is a small part of my master plan. hehe.

And Santiago sucks compared to the capital. The girls in santiago stay in thier "groupitos" where in the capital, I get grabbed and pull by a pack of girls everytime. they are more open and cool. The Capital blows it away. I have been to both 5x in 2003, so i know what im talking about.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
We must have different tastes...

Like I said I never went to the capital, but the only luck my friends have ever had there is with girls they have brought from Santiago. They generally think it is a waste of car ride to get there.

And from the people that I have met in NY it most from the capital are little more arrogant, love salsa, and generally less friendly.

Your description of the girls from the capital is exactly how I feel about the girls from Santiago.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Can someone name me some clubs in Santiago that are similar to Abacus, 8 Puertos, or play modern club music (prog. house)?

La Guacara Taina in SD when its rented (by the owner of Abacus I think) once per month puts on a really good night with top 50 (in the world) DJ's.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
La Capital es de Salsa

That is true, if you dont know how to dance Salsa, go somewhere else, in La Capital thats all you hear.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
The only place like that where I have been is Bajas (was there in Oct. 2002)in Santiago. Based on the music and by looking around I didn't even feel like I was DR. It felt like I could have been in any city in the world. It was the most expensive place to go out in Santiago and there were a lot of wealthy students there (Jaguars, BMW's etc outside).

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hit up la Zona Colonial...........Vanity, La Atarazana, Murano and other hot spots are down there. I particularly liked Atarazana, the music was really good, they have a really good sound system, have any drinks you might long for, and the clientele is upscale, young and educated. Overall, a good place..........or you can always go to Taboo Bamboo (formerly Schizo), Tao Room, Montecristo, Seven to Seven on George Washington Ave, PRAIA, Loft, and there's so many places to pick from, I couldn't fit them into one post. However, on Bonche.com you'll find every single place you can think of, including house parties.........good luck

May

Jan 27, 2004
hey, how about a place where I can go to? I have stuck to my hotel room, and the merengue bar of the Jaragua... back to my room early, nevertheless.

Is there a place where middle-class mid-age men can be found to dance with and talk? I am not looking to marry someone, but I can't stand guys trying to pick me up and can't even carry a conversation with me, or don't know what it means to just have a drink and then say "bye". Looking for over-30 crowd, professionals. do like the merengue and fell in love with bachata on my last trip.. and yes, I do like salsa.. even started taking salsa lessons back home.

come on, help me out here! have been three times so far, and except for going inside the disco at the Hamaca Coral (what a joke) for a few minutes, I have basically stuck to staying in my room.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Just go out for a walk in Zona Colonial at night. Go on a Friday or Saturday when theres lots of people in the street. Pick a place, go in, look around. If its not what you want then go to the next place! Theres so many places all within walking distance in ZC that you should find something you like. And when your all done call a taxi. Don't take a taxi from the street just to be safe. Especially late at night.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Rarely

May, you rarely will find those kind of men that you are expecting "Dance and talk" I guess you speak spanish ? because if not will be dificult for you.

And in Santo Domingo the every kind of Class of disco, we have the chopo's discos middle class Disco where every body are mixed and high class disco where hardly some people get in.

But, not body knows.

Enjoy the time there good luck.

Homer

May

Jan 27, 2004
Clothing

Jan said:
Just go out for a walk in Zona Colonial at night. Go on a Friday or Saturday when theres lots of people in the street. Pick a place, go in, look around. If its not what you want then go to the next place! Theres so many places all within walking distance in ZC that you should find something you like. And when your all done call a taxi. Don't take a taxi from the street just to be safe. Especially late at night.

This sounds like walking around Soho.. Nice idea. Now, what would I wear if I went walking around the ZC zone at night? Jeans and nice shirt with heels/sneakers, or a nice club dress with heels? And is the right time 9:00 p.m. versus 11:00 p.m.?

I can't believe I've been to this country three times and this is the first I hear about walking around the Zona Colonial at night? Would anyone recommend, therefore, that I stay in a hotel in that area. I saw one online that's right in the Zona Colonial? Or should I stick to the hotels on the Malecon?

THANK YOU!! Thank you!!