Lago Enriquillo and around

missvi87

Jan 3, 2004
Anyone out there with leads on where to stay in the Barahona area? Heard about a Casa Bonita and Casa de Tarzan but haven't been able to find info on either.

Also would like to know where in Descubierta to pick up a boat to cross Lago Enriquillo.

Looking forward to a visit real soon.

Daithi

Jun 30, 2003
Hotel Caribe on the Malecon in Barahona is reasonably priced and has a good restaurant. Tel 524-4111

Barcelo Bahoruco Beach Resort is an all-inclusive about twenty minutes along the coast road from Barahona, it is a 4-star resort but very quite and is situated at the end of a poor fishing village. The scenery is stunning and the pool excellent, but if you are looking for somewhere a bit more happening stay in Barahona. The town has a few typically Dominican discos and bars, the Costa Sur being the classiest, we don?t really get many tourists in Barahona.

Casa Bonita is situated in the hills above Bahoruco with a wonderful view of the Caribbean Sea, they have a small pool, restaurant and thatched hut style accommodation. It is the kind of place you don?t want to tell too many people about, oh well!

http://www.casabonitadr.com/index_en.html

missvi87

Jan 3, 2004
I guess that means Casa Bomita is in business after all. Then why haven't they answered my e-mail?

Thanks for the other suggestions I'll give them a try as well.