rio haina

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Haina

Well Haina is going from Santo Domingo towards San Cristobal (South) I assume El Rio Haina would be in the same area. Are you going there?

SONIA

Sep 3, 2003
don't know the place ...

Hy

I don't know the place.

I need to know the location and everything because i have customer for container to DR - RIO HAINA.

I'm a shipping company in Belgium, specialy working with africa, i'm moving VERY soooooon to DR and i have a friend wo wants to send containers to puerto RIO HAINA or SANTO DOMINGO and i have very good prices for RIO HAINA better than SANTO DOMINGO.

i'm back in DR in february and i will go there to see the port and shipping agent etc ....

Sonia

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Rio Haina

This is currently the biggest container port in the Dominican Republic. It is just a few miles to the West of Santo Domingo with good highway connections../

Get in touch with PIB for other information. You can find her at

aunt.clara@dominicancooking.com

She also has an important post that is on the business board here.

HB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Re: Rio Haina

I was going to tell you the same thing, Haina is not that far from Santo Domingo and you will probably save a lot more if you ship there instead of the capital.

It is a huge industrial park, most of the commerce made in DR is produced in Haina.

SONIA

Sep 3, 2003
good news !

cool good news i will definitly work with rio haina !

i already ask questions few months ago to PIB but she told me that she's not working in import-export anymore

I already read all the threads she made about import - export in the business forum.

it's crazy : to transfer 1 container from rio haina to santo domingo it cost +- 175 ? !!!!

Thanks for your answers

CU

SONIA

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Haina is where all practically of the stuff for Santo Domingo comes in. It happens to be located at the mouth of the Haina river on the western edge of Santo Domingo.

Don't underestimate the difficulty of getting things out of the port once they arrive. If you are used to working with Africa, you would probably find that the facility is more secure and yet the customs process more complex than you are used to. Work with a local customs broker such as PIB that really know what they are doing.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
? +/- 175 to transfer

There are two problems. The terrible inflation that is affecting the country right now and over the past year. Diesel fuel is at a historic high, and it is subsidized.

the second problem is the transport workers unions. they own the docks and even if i have my own trucks there is hell to pay if i use them.. I wish we could machine gun them all and use them for fish food...And the worst of it is that the drivers are not the OWNERS of the trucks who sit at home and rake in the money...

Very complicated..

HB

SONIA

Sep 3, 2003
.... complicated .....

woooow it's sounds complicated ...

i must have a very very very very good shipping agent at destination ( rio haina or santo domingo, i only have adress for santo domingo)

I definitively have to meet these people when I would be there in February.

it's the first time that i think that my business with africa is soooo easy !!!!!!!

In Africa we have our own agents it's thanks to that, that we have a great security for us and our customers but beuuuuurk Africa!!!!!!
I have enough!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Brussels / Antwerp is really a "moving plate" at the world level for all the vehicles. And Antwerp is not expensive like others ports.
The prices are lower than somewhere else for vehicles, with the transport and customs clearance the customer is not losing money.

We will see ...

why i had this idea for DR ? i was contacted by 1 of my old teacher from my university, he explains me that an economical mission from a national export organisation will be done very soon to DR ( santo domingo ).

I present myself like " forwarding agent " and i was the only one :) lucky sonia ! but the mission was cancelled ( finish lucky sonia ! ) for later because of the elections, the economic situation etc .... in DR but i receive good price from several shipowner and i will try ;)

that was a wonderfull story sonia :)

so i stop !

see you soon !

sonia

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just read this

A container to Punta Caucedo will cost RD$3400
The same container to Rio Haina will cost RD$548.

We had a container (40') delivered to our little warehouse in Santiago yesterday, left there over night, with truck and driver, for RD$11,500... At 45 to 1 that was a little over US$250!

HB

SONIA

Sep 3, 2003
Thanks for your infos HB

which kind of goods do you import ?

I only work with rolling cargoes and containers

SONIA