Challenge Update

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Hey there good poster's of this board!

We returned from the DR this past Thursday, and as usual it was a fantastic time, in fact we tried to get an additional week, but coould not arrange the air...oh well, next year will be 2 weeks from the start!

We caught up with Tricia from the Dream Project, and made the donation of school supplies with my daughters (willl have a web page with photo's soon). They were estatic to be helping other children.

I must pass on though, that Tricia informed us that because of the response to this challenge, she has been receiving calls, and making pick-ups of school supplies, and because of all of you who accepted the challenge, that the children when returning to school will each have a new pencil, and pad of paper!

Thats awesome, and its all because of your good hearts!

I hope that more people will still accept the challenge, and continue, as others have been doing well before I posted this thread. I know that we will be doing it again when we return next year, and once again you will see me here, posting day after day.

PS>>>>>

We had no problems with either the Canadian, or Dominican customs, and as far as the weight of the baggage...we had an entire suitcase full of supplies, and we were still under weight! ( I actually thought we had too much clothing still, as we didnt use it all).
And as usual, after our return, I received an e mail from SkyService, our air provider, informing me that they could make arrangements, with letter from the orginization, for the extra baggage. ( Tricia will provide that letter for any of you interested)

Well off again...and good luck, and a big Southern Ontario Thanks!

Cheers
Jimmy

tricia@dominicandream.org

http://www.dominicandream.org