Serie del Caribe -- Tickets?

BeisbolPosse

Nov 21, 2003
Have tickets gone on sale yet for the Serie del Caribe? We figure we need to get our tickets in advance if we're going to have any chance of seeing the home team, especially against Puerto Rico. We may not be able to see all the games, but we figure DR v. PR is a must.

g.

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
If things look like the last time (2000), You'll have to buy them at the gate. For games on tuesday and friday (RD VS. PR), you'll probably still have to deal with scalpers .. just my 0.8 pesos !

BeisbolPosse

Nov 21, 2003
Thanks for your 0.8 pesos. We'll just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best. Just in case we can't get to the Tuesday and Friday games, any recommendations on sports bars or other good spots to watch on TV?

g

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Hope to catch you there!

Me & some friends will be arriving on wed. and surely we'll try to make friday's game. If not, then we'll have to cathch on some tv. Jaragua has a Sport Bar with proj. tv (just one option).

BeisbolPosse

Nov 21, 2003
We're gonna play it by ear. We'll try getting to the stadium super-early for the Tue or Fri game. Failing that, we'll find some comfy bar somewhere to watch the game. As long as the TV picture's clear and the Presidente is "bien fria," we'll be fine.

g.

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Bad News ...

... At least for me. Just today, I called the Santurce Cangrejeros baseball team as they are sponsoring a trip there. Tickets are available as of this week (at least here in PR). Bad news is THE PRICE !! Tix go for $70 US for box seats & $60 us for grandstands. All I can say is, DAMN (sorry) ... I don't know how the Dominican public is going to afford these prices.

BeisbolPosse

Nov 21, 2003
70 bucks? Wow! At those prices, we may be watching all these games on TV! Ever mind us gringo tourists; how do they expect regular citizens to attend these games? That's outrageous.

Oh well...as long as the beer is cold.

g.

angelly

Jan 19, 2004
aladinoapartahotel.com.do
lower prices

the latest that i knew about the tickets is that they cost 50, 40, 30 and 5 US$ per game....

if you are going to sd

...i know a great hotel called Aladino, the night cost like 32 dollars, but if you want a nicer room, you can get it for 40 $. it is a clean and quiet place

Their site is www.aladinoapartahotel.com.do, and email: reservaciones@aladinoapartahotel.com.do.

They have taxi service for $20...from the airport

and it?s near the stadium...

I recommend it to you

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
For a nice sports bar to watch the game, Champions at the Juragua will do nicely. say hello to "rafa" the bar tender, he knows a lot about baseball down there etc.

If you want a more "dominican" experience find any old bar to watch the games in. For nicer "scenery" try Eagles, they have a nice big screen projector outside and scantily clad waitresses etc.

If you really want to watch dominican style, pull up a plastic chair at the colmado and scream at the TV. . . . . .just like the locals!!!!