Honeymoon in October

frankbradley07

Jan 15, 2004
Hi,

I'm planning a trip to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon in October 2004.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of the best place to stay that time of the year. We're looking for somewhere that has good weather, nice beaches that aren't too crowded and somewhere that is not too isolated as neither of us drive.

Thanks

Frank

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Cabarete would be a good choice. And because of the excellent public transportation, you can easily visit Sosua.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Can anyone find that Cabarete vs Sosua thread for this guy.

It was full of info. that would help him. At a quick glance i couldn't find it.

frankbradley07

Jan 15, 2004
What is the weather like in Cabarete and the surrounding region in the first 2 weeks of October. Is it sunny/hot and does it rain much?

Thanks

Frank

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I have been to the DR 3 times in October in recent years. I might just be a lucky guy, but everytime i went the weather was excellent. It was hot and hardly rained at all. When it did rain, it was in the evening. Perhaps i am just lucky but i would say (fingers crossed) that the weather will be nice for you.

I am not entirely sure on the temperatures but i would guess it would be around the 30 C mark.

frankbradley07

Jan 15, 2004
The reason I asked about the weather was that on the Lonely Planet guide it said that
there are two rainy seasons, October to May along the northern coast and May to October in the south

I think Cabarete is on the North Coast, so reading the above says to me that there is a chance that it might be raining.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
This is Not Seattle

It may be described as a rainy season but that doesn't mean much. The first two years I was here you wouldn't have been able to tell at all. It can rain any day, and usually this is at the same time the sun is shining just down the beach, and then it ends in 10 minutes and the sun is back out. November-early December has more days with rain, as do I think March-early April. But usually even this is nothing to spoil a trip.

This year has been wet. We had three weeks where there were lots of cloudy rainy days in December. It's been pretty good since. Yesterday was rainy. The day before was glorious. And today is wonderful too. Going to the pool right now!

Generally don't sweat the 'rainy season' predictions here in the Caribbean. It doesn't mean much because rain here is usually a whole different animal than farther north.

Tom (aka XR)

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
I don't think anyone can predict the weather, but I have been lucky every time I went in fall;)

I would say, Cabarete would be great for the honey moon, especially check out the Magnifico, gorgeous place with a fab.Penthouse:cool:

Have a great time

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If this is your honeymoon

I would suggest Villa Serena in Las Galeras.

It is elegant.

It has good food

It is quiet.

It is near the little 'town' and the Luisitania pizza place.

It is near many of the eateries. Know ye, that everything in Las Galeras is walkable.

I suggested Villa Serena over my friend Andy's place, only because it is your honeymoon and the accomodations are more "elegant" and "Private" .....

Now, if you want "action" , then Cabarete or Sosua are your places.....Maybe split your time??

If price is no matter, consider, Punta Cana or B?varo, as they offer all the amenities. And I mean ALL...

HB