Cheap apartments in Santo Domingo

A

Anders

I recently was in D.R. (Cabarete and Sosua) and might go there again in the beginning of august for 3 weeks, but to Santo Domingo this time. So - does anybody know any cheap and recommendable apartments there? I don?t need swimmingpool, television, phone service and that stuff, ok - I prefer some kind of security with safe-box and so but as I usually sleep pretty deep I don?t mind if it?s pretty noisy (not too noisy though). I mean - I mainly use the room to sleep in and want to spend my money on other things.. Please help me.

J

John Schroder

Anders,

There is cheap and then there is "I thought I saw these same rooms in the movie Midnight Express". (jail House Scene). This is not a slight, just keep in mind there are rooms for rent on a monthly basis for 1500 pesos per month. But they may not be what you have in mind. There are are also less expensive apart-hotels also.

There are some reasonable places to stay for the equivalent of SK 200 or so (per day). Is that what you had in mind?

Does it matter where you stay in Santo Domingo? Would you consider staying in Boca Chica Beach (about 30 minutes outside of Santo Domingo)?

If you indicate what you consider reasonable for both price and location, I am sure some suggestions will be forth coming from the message board.

Best Regards.........