looking for mainers in the dr

maine guy

Jan 15, 2004
read a few posts from a family that had moved to the dr and would love to here from them . my wife and i are in maine our daughter of 13 years is adopted from this country .and we have been back afew times and would love to correspond with you people and here how your adventure is going. we will be in punta cana on the 24 , just for a week and cant wait to get warm it is currently 25 below zero farenhiet and the wind is howling . thanks in advance .

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Find a post by Mainer and click "pm". Then you can send her a private message. I believe they are currently in Georgia. They moved back to the States because they couldn't get the proper health insurance. They had a lot of great posts on the adventure!

Hey, I am freezing, too.

Washington County MG

maine guy

Jan 15, 2004
thanks maine girl, you must be home if your freezing also . read a few posts of yours what volunteering did you do?. thanks:cool:

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Maine guy,
We are in Kentucky for the time being. We are looking into insurance options, but we don't know if and when we will be moving back to the DR. We have been getting involved with a Hispanic project here in Kentucky, so we would not leave here until this is up and running and picked up by someone else. We have no idea how long that will take. A big part of the project will be teaching ESL, so, hopefully, our Spanish will improve.

Enjoy your trip to the DR. If you ever wonder why we didn't go back to Maine, just look at your thermometer. You guys (ya'll) must be freezing. I will admit that the island is still calling us. We hope to be back soon, at least to visit.

Mainer

maine guy

Jan 15, 2004
hey mainer thank you very much for the reply, seems like a real good bunch on this message board hope all works out the best for you all and you get the time, funds and all you need to answer the call of the island. by the way its a heat wave here now . its 18:cool: