Good site - Meeting of the Newbie...

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I'm still a newbie in forum. After reading many of the threads I find that this is like a different world to me, almost like another community. When I visit DR, I go back to my humble San Cristobal and I am only able to visit the resorts for a short period of time.

Most of the time when the Animation crew realizes that I'm not Puerto Rican after all and I just came from another part of the Island (entonces soy Criolla) they seem to move on to the next tanner. So I've never made friends at the resorts like others have.

I also never met people who are professionals there who came from another country. I love that the site is in English and there is so much great advise out there. So this whole thing is new to me.

Some friends and I are planning a trip to a resort and I told them I have stumbled upon a site with all these great people that I would love to meet. After the big gasp b/c they are scared of meeting people off the internet, and frankly, so am I - but I will get over it.... They all agreed that it would fun.

So the question is, once we decide where to go (most likely Puerto Plata) can we meet some of you guys? Can we arrange some sort of get together or be invited to one?

We are all Dominican, only one other girl and I visit often, the others havent gone back 'home' since they came to the States more than 10 years ago. I think it will be cool to show them that there is more to the Island than what they left behind and that there are people who are making it and are living well there. That way they wont think I'm completely crazy when I keep saying I'll be moving back one day.

Any thoughts?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let's us know the dates and I'm sure you will get a bunch of people to look after you and your friends.

You never know your luck, you might even get to meet me!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Tall

I can truly say that I have met some of my dearest freinds on this site. People that I knew in "another live" are now part and parcel of my group of friends. It came right out of the blue.

So far, with the exception of that nut Escott, I have not met anyone I don't like. Honest. And even Escott is not so bad since I trust him absolutely....Not kidding. We rib Escott a lot, but he is a great guy....

If you were to bring a gaggle of your friends down here, you would be swamped by adoring DR1 ers.......

Rest easy, you will be safe and sound..

HB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks Guys

You are a very warm group, I guess now I know why you chose my lovely country. I'm always trying to get people to go visit my Island and thats the first thing I say - we are warm and drink happy :)

Robert, are you really going to let me meet you? Oh joy!! Do I have to have my people call your people first? Try to pencil me in sometime in April...