question about cellular

caro

Sep 24, 2003
hello everyone

I want to know when you using cellular with codetel card do you pay when someone calling you? do you just take minute on your card when you make a call or for both
thank a lot

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
You only pay for calls you initiate. The person who calls you pays the fee for that call.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
ok thank you for the answer.but I have one more.do you need to have minute on your phone for receive call.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
To receive a call you don't have to have minutes on your phone.

Yay! I made 100!! :)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
No, but it can't be totally dead either

caro said:
ok thank you for the answer.but I have one more.do you need to have minute on your phone for receive call.

After your card expires you can't make calls and can receive them, that's true.

However at some point ( and depending on the carrier it can be 3 months or 6 or a year) you will be deactivated and the phone will not receive calls and the phone number is lost as well. At that point the phone has to be reactivated and a new phone number installed.

Always a good idea to add RD$30 or RD$100 or whatever the smallest card is from time to time to keep it able to receive calls. That's only 60 cents to $2 US now and then.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank a lot for the answer
now I much cost a cellular ? I need one because I come this april for 3 month and more .one with good reception because I have many call of canada. me I would stay in puerto plata city area
thank a lot caroline

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
If you want good reception, buy one with an antena that "goes up." Phones that have the antena built into the earpiece or inside the phone, don't do as well. That may change in the months and years to come though. They are working on it.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
ok but do you have idea of price.....when I looked in november the price was around 7000-10000 pesos it s is the same or more

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
You Must be Kidding

caro said:
ok but do you have idea of price.....when I looked in november the price was around 7000-10000 pesos it s is the same or more

An Orange phone without clock display but that works well and is brand new (Motorola) is about RD$860-RD$1200 depending on how fast they adjust for the $/peso. Usually comes with RD$100 card installed and for gringos you can have the display AND the customer service ( when you dial in for loading a card etc., and voice mail) in ENGLISH.

So it costs around US$20 to $30.

Even a colour LG etc., is only $RD3000 or so, e.g $75US.

If you want to spend a whole lot on phone that take pictures etc., you are forgetting what they are - phones, not cameras.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
No.

caro said:
ok but do you have idea for codetel cellular price

But I doubt if Orange has basic ones for RD$1000 and good ones for RD$3000 that Codetel is selling them for RD$10000.

If they ARE, then buy Orange and you'll have RD$8000 for Orange cards.