Playa Naco Resort

Rhome

Dec 21, 2003
Can somebody please give me some info on the Playa Naco resort. Are they under new management? The reason i ask is because i have been reading nothing but negative reviews about the resort for the last few weeks. While researching where to stay a few months ago i read nothing but got reviews on boards like Debbie's and Trip advisor. Wondering whats going on and if i should be concerned. Anyways will be there for 2 weeks Jan31-Feb14. Also how old do you have to be to get into the disco's my teenage daughter wants to .
Thanks Rhome ;)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Sorry i can't help you with info on Playa Naco but as far as the discos go - its awkward. I know someone who was 13 and went into Crazy Moon (if you mean the discos near Playa Naco). But then again, i know others who were asked and then refused entry because they were under 18. I came to the conclusion that it depends on the mood of the doorman on the day!

I was in Playa Naco twice in the last 3 years and I had a great time I thought the staff was very friendly and helpful,more so than the other All inclusives in Playa Dorada. Your Daughter will have no problem getting into the disco unless she looks really young for her age. As far as new management I don't know but I believe they are under same managment. Enjoy your trip.
Badpiece

Rhome

Dec 21, 2003
Can't believe that its almost time to leave. I thought this day would never come. Have been looking forward to this day for a long time. My back is still killing me from shovelling the 40cm of snow in front of my house(took me over 3hrs). For those of you who may not be aware of it Toronto has been stuck in a deep freeze for most of the month(-40c) with the wind chill. Will be visiting Tim at Cafe Cito on Sunday night to watch the Super Bowl if anyone is interested in joining me . Just look for the guy with the #12 Staubach jersey. If anyone is staying at the Playa Naco or Playa Dorado resort give me a shout maybe we can hang out or go somewhere am there for 2 weeks Jan31-Feb14.
Thanks and see you soon
Rhome:cool:

Sweetbabygirl

Dec 2, 2004
Hi guys, i'm going to Playa Naco resort on January. I would like to have some information about this place. Is it true that if you don't tip the maid she don't make your bed?!?? Is it true that you are better to eat dog's food instead of what they serve you?!?? I'm really starting to be worried. How is the beach? What are the best attractions? How is the Hotel? I heard it is a 3 and a half stars hotel but supposed to be four.
Please, give me infos :nervous:

Sweetbabygirl said:
Hi guys, i'm going to Playa Naco resort on January. I would like to have some information about this place. Is it true that if you don't tip the maid she don't make your bed?!?? Is it true that you are better to eat dog's food instead of what they serve you?!?? I'm really starting to be worried. How is the beach? What are the best attractions? How is the Hotel? I heard it is a 3 and a half stars hotel but supposed to be four.
Please, give me infos :nervous:

Don't worry yourself the hotel is a nice All Inclusive and I really enjoyed their staff very friendly. The food is the same as all aI resorts. Relax and enjoy your vacation.
Badpiece

Rhome

Dec 21, 2003
I was there for two weeks with my wife and kids Girl 13 Boy 11 and here is my quick summary about Playa Naco.

Food was good. They have a guy who makes omelletes for breakfast, so i would always have a big breakfast and relly not eat again till dinner. On the days that i was a bit hungry i would go to the buffet or the Pizzaria located on the second floor for a small snack. You will find something you like at the buffet lots of choices. My wife and kids preffered the beach restaurant. They usually had chicken and fries and the beach grill.
Dinner, again lots of variety at the buffet so you will find something you like. 3 a la carte restaurants Seafood, Italian and Mexican. Seafood was good Italian was not bad and Mexican will lets just say i was never a fan of Mexican food to begin with. They also serve hot dogs,hamburgers and various other snacks fron 10:00pm till midnite, again on the second floor.

Drinks were awseome good beer El Presidente and all kinds of fruity drinks if thats what you like, me i stuck to the beer. On our first day there i ordered a beer and it was given to me in a plastic cup,tipped the bartender a couple of bucks and went back to the pool. Second time i went up ordered a beer , this time it was served in a glass cup about 50% larger, tipped the bartender a couple of bucks and went back to the pool. About 20 minutes later the bartender brought me over a glass of beer without me even asking. So basically you take care of them and they will take care of you, i mean your on vacation i did not tip after every drink but a couple of bucks a day goes a long way. Remember this people do not get paid that much.

Same thing goes for the maids we brought along some panty hose, lipstick and a few other knick nacs from home. Again we gave the maids a few of these items and a couple of bucks the first day, we never had a problem with our room. It was always made up and clean, and the fridge always had soda and beer in it every day.

I know some people may disagree with tipping but in the 14 days we were there we tipped about a total of $100.00 American and we never had a problem. That works out to about $7-8 dollars a day. Just think of it as piece of mind.

The entertainment staff was good they worked very hard during the day organising games for all. Beach volleyball water polo and all kinds of other games to keep you busy, if you wanted. Nightly shows were also good, lots of audience participation.Watch of for some of the guys in the show they can be pretty smoth, and they are great dancers. Could see a girl falling for them.Oh and they had Karaoke every Thursday night.

Once the shows end you might want to try one of the local clubs located just outside the resort. Crazy Moon was a great place to party and dance all night.Hemmingways was also a lot of fun. The disco in the resort was pretty dead the few times we went.

All in all we had a great time. Just go there with an open mind abd enjoy yourself. Don't sweat the small stuff that might go wrong, no vacation is perfect.
I hope my quick review helps.
Rhome From Toronto

P.S my kids loved it too, lots to do. My son especially liked the topless girls on the beach not that i noticed them. Hey he's 11 years old, i guess its normal?

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Management

Well, I was working in Playa Naco for a while during the summer and during that time, they DID switch management. The general manager of the hotel was fired and a new man, from Spain, was brought in. He changed a number of things right when he arrived and although they did appear to be benefitting the hotel, perhaps these changes do account for negative reviews.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I brought my Daughter and Boyfriend down from Canada

They stayed at Naco, They both found the Bar staff very unfriendly and the food the Pits. We live 10 minutes away from the Resort so they spent a lot of time with us and ate Dominican food with us as my wife is Dominican.
The room they were given was very bad so I went over and upgraded them to a one bedroom suite Ocean front, that helped some.
The resort is old and tired and in need of a major reno job.

Gringo

Sweetbabygirl

Dec 2, 2004
Ok!
thank for all your precious informations, I think I will enjoy my trip, I can't wait any longuer to be there! If you have some more informations, just tell me!!
Sweetbabygirl ;)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
The resort is old and tired and in need of a major reno job.

It isn't as old as some of the hotels !! My first trip to Playa Naco (part of a travel agents fam trip) it wasn't even fully completed and that is only 13 years ago!! You are right though, if they haven't kept it up or constantly upgraded over the years, I could see it going downhill fast. I think that they were rushing the completion of it and since I had to do a report on it and went over it with a fine tooth comb, they did seem to take a lot of shortcuts to meet deadlines!!
Marlie

Sweetbabygirl

Dec 2, 2004
Playa Naco

I'm back from my trip to Playa Naco and I can tell one thing. If I had not payed extras to make a safari outback and to go to paradise Island, it would have been the worst trip of my life. It rained all week long, somedays only 20 minutes but enough for beeing oblige to get in the hotel. Our roof was leeking, the air conditionner was leeking too and working alf the time and when it was working, only hot air were coming out. Even if we were giving tips to the maids, they were only making the beds. They never swept de floor, they never cleaned de bathroom, changed the dirty towel that we were using to dry the wet floor, weren't giving us new bottle of water because we can't drink the water and the worst, they weren't even able to put a new roll of toilet paper. They stole de 7up that we received and my boyfriend's CD player. We went everyday to the manager to tell him what was happening in our room and he was almost laughing of us. The italian restaurant was disgusting and the buffet depending of the day we were. Carabean and mexican restaurants were good. the beach was beautiful some vendor were becoming anoying at the end but when you fake sleeping they let you alone.Oh, and don't take a cab guide because he will bring you in all the souvenir boutique expensive and you can't bargin any price, it still very expensive for what you have.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I'm heading to Playa Naco on Feb 5 it will be my first time at this resort. My friend has been there and I know a lot of people who have gone with no complaints. You'll never know until you go yourself so I'll be the judge lol!
I am aware it's n older hotel but so is the Paradise Beach and i was okay there. All I ask for is a clean room so I tip my maid everyday so they know I am thankful for there service.
9 more days can't wait!!! :cool: