Aerocontinente Dominicana said Good-Bye!

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Qreo esto es solo mejor noticias, LAN i AeroContinente soloe stan robando de esta routa lo que la lineas nacionales necesitan.

AeroContinente solo cerro las operaciones i vuele la proxima temp alta otra vez (April2004)

Air Atlanta vas tener limited operations para Aeromar durante aprox este verano, (nada confirmado)

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Samana1 said:
Qreo esto es solo mejor noticias, LAN i AeroContinente soloe stan robando de esta routa lo que la lineas nacionales necesitan.

And what airlines are those?

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
LAn N6

Lan Chile and Aero Continente are not Dominican airlines, they are totally from other way, if they want fly to SDQ they may fly SCL-SDQ-MIA and LIM-SDQ-MIA and not MIA-SDQ-MIA just for money, what Aeromar and to come Air Santo Domingo will have dificult here.

Aero Continente want that the licence of LanPeru will be banned due some reasons what i am saying. Well i think they self need to view the mirror.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
I was referring to the Dominican Airlines that serves the MIA-SDQ route. You want them out? Go ahead, then AA can be a monopoly again. Remember that way before these airlines started flying the route, Aeromar had the same price as AA with +/- 15 dollars difference.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Depends What you Want, Right?

GRS said:
I was referring to the Dominican Airlines that serves the MIA-SDQ route. You want them out? Go ahead, then AA can be a monopoly again. Remember that way before these airlines started flying the route, Aeromar had the same price as AA with +/- 15 dollars difference.

AA isn't a monopoly due to CO and US serving the route and charters for the weekly vacationers being adequate for them, especially on price.

They (AA) do alond with the aforementioned competition, provide actual city to city service and don't go broke and keep all the passengers money.

I said / warned when Aeromar tried to be a low cost airline that you get what you pay for and that was true until the point that 6,000 passengers didn't even get that.

I can sell $100 MIA-SDQ tickets on my airline if I am allowed to sell 7,000 tickets, fly only 1,000 passengers and keep the other 6,000 passengers' $100 to fund my operation and line my pockets. I'll just buy AA tickets for the 1,000.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
aerocontinente should said good bye beacause they wants lan chile/peru licence and they should banned.

on the route will operated by american airlines,lan dominicana y pronto air santo domingo.