I'd like to go to DR

E

Elena /Russia/

Hello to everybody!
My name is Elena. I'm from Russia. I've just came back after a tourist trip to DR, just 4th day at home and I think seriously about going to DR to live and work there. But I'm not really sure it is possible to get work there. I'm 25 years old girl, attractive, know english, russian, a little bit of german and now starting to learn spanish and I suppose to know it before I come. I have an economic education, but it's russian. Now in Russia I work as a marketing manager. Could your please advise me, what are my chances in getting job in DR? Or may be I should go to some university in DR? I'd like to work in some hotel for example. What do you think about it?

Last edited:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Elena!!!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 5,721, Threads: 27,039, Posts: 174,662

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

A Good Place to Start.
Popular Post's / Past Sticky's. Required reading for Newbies!!! NEW! NEW! NEW!

With Topics Like.....
MEDICAL / MONEY / ADVICE
MOVING TO THE DR
* WORKING IN THE DR / AND WORK RESOURCES.*
*ENGLISH / SPANISH PHRASE GUIDE.*
And more!!!!

Elena, don't forget to check out the page 2 link on moving.

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We just went through this with IVANA

Ivana go to DR. I see she has edited all her posts but here are the answers to the same question as you are asking.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28623

Thanks for pointing that out! She just got Sin Binned, what an idiot!

Editing just got stopped, no more thread or post editing after 1 day unless you are a moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I see that you are 25 yrs old russian, which means you must be very beautiful. I have been to russia and trust me guys, the girls from there are hot.
My advice to you would be to forget about woking here and earning pennies. Its much more easier to find an attractive guy with money and fall in love with him. Then live your caribbean dream in luxury.
Call me if you are having trouble finding such a guy.

omonroy

Jan 19, 2004
Sorry not good time now

Hello:

I don?t speak English very well but i will trie

I tell you, now this country has a big economical and political situation, last days dollar had reached high cost, and I think is not good time to come.

But of course you can come in holidays, we?ll waiting for you

Omar

Azb just watched the movie

AZB said:
I see that you are 25 yrs old russian, which means you must be very beautiful. I have been to russia and trust me guys, the girls from there are hot.
My advice to you would be to forget about woking here and earning pennies. Its much more easier to find an attractive guy with money and fall in love with him. Then live your caribbean dream in luxury.
Call me if you are having trouble finding such a guy.
"From Russia with Love"

E

Elena /Russia/

Re: Sorry not good time now

omonroy said:
Hello:

I don?t speak English very well but i will trie

I tell you, now this country has a big economical and political situation, last days dollar had reached high cost, and I think is not good time to come.

But of course you can come in holidays, we?ll waiting for you

Omar

Hi Omar!
I know the dollar rate grows, but how it influence to the life of Dominicans? What is the average wage in DR? And what wage can I expect to work for if I'll come?

I just had holidays in Dominicana and it's not enough for me. I'd be glad to earn enough money to spend two thirds of my time in holidays in DR, but it's not possible! :)

E

Elena /Russia/

Re: Azb just watched the movie

Hlywud said:
"From Russia with Love"

I know there is a mind that russian women are very beautifull, and it's not because of the movie. i think it is because they know how to behave themselves: they are skilled in wearing sexy dresses, using make up, speaking with men in the way they think that russians are the most beautifull girls in the world... ;) it's just a practical skills! but russian girls are really very nice, believe me! ;) :cool: ;)
and guys are not.........

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Re: Re: Azb just watched the movie

Elena /Russia/ said:
I know there is a mind that russian women are very beautifull, and it's not because of the movie. i think it is because they know how to behave themselves: they are skilled in wearing sexy dresses, using make up, speaking with men in the way they think that russians are the most beautifull girls in the world... ;) it's just a practical skills! but russian girls are really very nice, believe me! ;) :cool: ;)
and guys are not.........

What about the fat, bearded babushkas, they are Russian women too, right? OK, just kidding - I think. Anyways, I've seen enough Russian YOUNGER women here in my country to form the impression that they tend to exaggerate their makeup, "sexy dress" etc to simply look ridiculous.

Off topic and not DR-related - sorry Mr. Moderator! Just couldn't resist.

E

Elena /Russia/

Re: Re: Re: Azb just watched the movie

Paulino said:
What about the fat, bearded babushkas, they are Russian women too, right? OK, just kidding - I think. Anyways, I've seen enough Russian YOUNGER women here in my country to form the impression that they tend to exaggerate their makeup, "sexy dress" etc to simply look ridiculous.

Off topic and not DR-related - sorry Mr. Moderator! Just couldn't resist.

Ok, you're right, sometimes girls overdo their make-up and so, but it is only because of the reason they want guys to like them - don't be so strict! ;) Where are you from? Write me in pm

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Good Morning, Elena!!!

How do you check your PM's????

That's easy!!!!

1, Scroll to the top of this page you are reading now.

2, Click on the 1st orange button that says USER CP, just above the word
DR1 FORUMS>

When your user page opens up, click on words NEW PRIVATE MESSAGES.

Click on one, and you can REPLY or DELETE, what ever option you chose.

If you still can't get it, PM me agian.

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

omonroy

Jan 19, 2004
Details

well, well, i tell you my experience, i'm not from Dominican, I'm fromo Bogota-Colombia, and i was living in Caracas- Venezuela since March 2000 to March 2003, i don't know if you know that Venezuela is the hell, people can not out of country their money, because Chavez goverment is a Comunit hidden and you most sale your dollar to goverment but government doesnt sale you dollars, anyway now in dominican is happen the same, when i arrive here dollar was 25RD and gas 40RD now dolar cost 50RD and gas 80RD, of course all you need to eat, grow at less 50% but you earn the same that nine months ago.
Now you can sale all of dollars you have to the banks but they sale you just ten (10) dollars per day, per person....can you see?

ANyway, i love this country, people are so kind, beatufill beach and good partys, so on... but really its not good time, i can not lie you.

Of course if you earn in dollars perfect, and you have a new friend here ;) !!

Omar

E

Elena /Russia/

job

just do you know some vacations for a girl like me in DR? I just interested in their existence.

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Helena

Helena ?????????? ??????? ??? ???? ?????? ? ???????????
??????????. ????????? ?????????.
George.

e-mail please, this page does not support russian carachters(letters)

Last edited:

Ginka

Jan 16, 2004
Dear Elena:

Greetings - I was excited to see that there is a Russian in this forum. My friend Lena, and I are moving to the DR in August.

We just bought a house in La Vega and currently live in Moscow.

I do not know what to suggest to you about work yet, but please feel free to contact us about the DR in general.

Chastlivo!

Gina & Lena

email: myss@yandex.ru