Mej?a is winning PRD primaries. Pope s***s in the woods. News at 11.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
According to the newspapers Mej?a is winning the PRD primaries with 94.76% of the votes against 5.24% for the other candidate, totally-unknown and best-friend-of-Mej?a Dr. Thomen. Like, duh!

Mej?a should be worried that Thomen got 5.24%. Where did that people come from after all?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thomen called it "a celebration of democracy which everyone should imitate". I wish he was my doctor so I could tell him where to put his stethoscope!

Chiri:confused:

Apr 26, 2002
Reminds me of the old Polish or East German "elections" - where the communists were "proven" to be remarkably popular.

I'd like to know the total number of people who voted for Hippo versus the number of Peredeistas who stayed away.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think the PRD is claiming 50% turnout but anecdotal information in the Diario Libre is reporting a much lower percentage.

Chiri

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I don't believe this is completely untrue. Diario Libre is reporting about the capital, where I would believe the turnout would be low, just as it would be in other bigger cities where the population is a bit more educated. The turnout was supossedly really good in the countryside and in smaller towns. Guess what folks? That's where elections are won in the DR...Just like Balaguer used to do, Hippo is definitely counting on the vote from these areas in may to prevent Leonel from getting 51% in the first round. I'm still very skeptical that the PRD will give up power...even if they have to commit fraud. The truth is that right now if the PRD decided to stay in power by force they could do it without much opposition. They control everything in the country (Senate, justice, JCE, etc)...More importantly they have the armed forces and police on their side.

The big question now is what will happen to the Ley De Lemas. Will Hippo still support it? It is a double edge sword for him...if it passes then the PRD has an excellent chance of "winning" the elections, but at the same time he may lose to Milagros or Fello...Will he take the chance? If it does not pass then we will be going to a second round of elections ( I don't believe Leonel could get 51% of the vote in the first round - with or without fraud)...that should be pretty interesting, as the PRSC will sell itself (again) to the PRD...

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
mixed metaphors?

Pib said:
[ Mej?a is winning PRD primaries. Pope s***s in the woods. News at 11. [/B]

Pib, I thought it was the bear that s**t in the woods and the Pope was catholic. LOL

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Moderators note to "Appleman"

Those "Old Sayings" are just that,old and worn out! Sooooooooo to try and breath some new life into them,someone (PIB)might say "Does the Pope shit in the woods?",or "Are Bears Catholic?"
The Irony of the question,as apposed to the "original" question is somewhat funny! The interesting point is that she(PIB),a non-native English speaker knew not only the original "Old Saying" ,but the twisted update of the same!!!

"Who's On First?"
Moderator,CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

And,If you have seen the Pope lately,the real question should be:"Does The Pope Shit In His Pants?":rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Re: Moderators note to "Appleman"

[B]Criss Colon[/B] said:
And,If you have seen the Pope lately,the real question should be:"Does The Pope Shit In His Pants?":rolleyes:
Having recently seen the Pope much closer than "on TV" I tend to believe that yes, the bear is indeed Catholic :)

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Re: Moderators note to "Appleman"

Criss Colon said:
The Irony of the question,as apposed to the "original" question is somewhat funny! The interesting point is that she(PIB),a non-native English speaker knew not only the original "Old Saying" ,but the twisted update of the same!!!

I considered that she was intentionally twisting the saying. I just meant that either way I thought it was funny. Especially since it was done by a "non-native engllish speaker".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting little talk yesterday

During the Jorge Ramos interview his baldness said that "I have always had money."

What a crock of whatever the Pope or bear does in the woods..

Waaaay back when, the great tobacco grower don Otilio Paulino, a true giant of a personality with more honesty in his bones than all the bears or Popes put together, took Hippo to the Instituto de Tobaco for his first job at RD$165 a month. Then he asked the Sec Ag, Fernando Alvarez Bogaert, to give him a little ol' red pickup so he would have some transportation...

It is really shitty when there are so many people around that remember the "real" story, huh Hippo??

I want to build a huge sign that Yells:

Aren't you ashamed to enter this place?

And put it on a mountainside near his house in Jarabacoa!!

HB, not fooled by the fool