VivaWyndham Dominicus Beach (La Romana)

CFODPS

Jan 19, 2004
Hello all,

I would like any information/input on the Viva Wyndam Dominicus Beach in La Romana (all-inclusive). My family and I are looking at a mid-April stay. As a government employee I can secure the reduced rate of $134US per day room rate. That's for the all-inclusive, per room and for us it will cover two adults and two children (stay and eat for free). $134/day total for four people...not bad!

Flying out of New York (JFK). Flights to La Romana are averaging close to $600/person. Flights to Santo Domingo much more reasonable, under $300. How far is the resort from the Santo Domingo Airport? How would one get to the resort (taxi, shuttle, car rental)?

I've only been to DR once...La Hamaca in Boca Chica. Is the Dominicus Beach resort very family oriented? Traveling with a 7 & 2 year old.

Any information deeply appreciated.

Thank you and safe travels.

CFODPS

Jan 19, 2004
Sorry, one other thing...

If the Santo Domingo airport is far from the resort should I consider a room in SD to rest with children prior to departure to La Romana?

I can also secure the same room rate at other Viva Wyndam resports, including Dominicus Palace (next to Dominicus Beach), and Viva Tangerine. Worth considering? Again, most reasonable airfare from JFK is to Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata. La Romana and Punta Cana very expensive.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Santo Domingo airport is relatively near La Romana and Bayahibe. About an hour and a half drive, at most. Santo Domingo city is about half an hour away, in the other direction. Check the map.

Does the resort provide a pick-up service as part of the deal?

Public buses are not a practical idea in your case, but there are always taxis. Make sure you check the official fare which should be posted at the airport, and confirm it with the driver before setting off.

Car rental is also an option.

Chiri