Travel from Barcelo Bavaro Beach to Santo Domingo?

AinaHukka

Jan 23, 2004
Greetings! I am so excited to have found this website - my wife and I just booked our first-ever vacation together, going to Barcelo Bavaro Beach resort in Punta Cana in mid-March. If anyone has stayed at this resort, would love to hear any reviews.

My main question is this: We are flying in to Punta Cana direct from JFK, but the only direct return flight possibility (because of our late booking, I guess) is from Santo Domingo. How safe, how long, and how expensive is it to travel from the resort to Santo Domingo Airport? I read that the distance is some 200km?

Thank you very much!

Mikko

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
No Need to X-Post

You have a reply in the first place you posted this, posting to multiple forums is not required at all. Or terribly desirable.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Flight DepartureTime?

We may be able to provide better and cheaper options if you advise what time is your scheduled flight departure from Las Americas. Buses from Higuey and Bavaro pass near the airport at a point where you can link-up with a short taxi ride to the terminal and knowing the flight time will help single out the options based upon the bus schedules.

Regards, PJT

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Dunno.......

PJT said:
We may be able to provide better and cheaper options if you advise what time is your scheduled flight departure from Las Americas. Buses from Higuey and Bavaro pass near the airport at a point where you can link-up with a short taxi ride to the terminal and knowing the flight time will help single out the options based upon the bus schedules.

Regards, PJT

Not sure "first-ever" and the Higuey bus/taxi option is a suggested mix.