A call for help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
A call for help.

So I, get a call, Babyblu, she is in deep sh*t, with her Dominican Boyfriend! She is on her way to the South Shore, to escape her lovely Novio!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a woman, who hails from Massachusetts, and comes to the DR to live!!!!!
Looking for nothing but some R & R,. The last 8 months, no need of employment, single and independent, and speak's very little Spanish.

She had no love intrest before moving here! Just a 26yr old looking for some good time?s at a cool pace.

Not like some of the TWITS, that proclaim their love after a night of playing poky-mon!!!!!!!!

So I got the call tonight.

She is driving south, heading into Santiago, and is worried that if she stops, her Dominican boyfriend is going to catch up with her and finish her off!!!!!!!!!

So I, send the troops out, my husband's, best friend, and the family military guys along with some Dominican Cop's, from Haina to Santiago, to get her and drive her back.

Tomorrow after a shower and a hot meal, I will try to talk her into going back to the U.S.

So the troops called and she is on her way here.

Out of site, out of mind!

I will try to get her to post tomorrow, to warn some of the others from the?.

Lonely Hearts Club!!!

Thanks
Mechi & Tim H.

Last edited:

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Let's hope she sees the urgency of her situation and takes your advice to head back for awhile.
It's not paradise if you have to watch your back...
Good luck.
mk

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Re: DRAMA!!!!! Help Please!!!!!

Timex said:
So I, get a call, Babyblu, she is in deep sh*t, with her Dominican Boyfriend! She is on her way to the South Shore, to escape her lovely Novio!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a woman, who hails from Massachusetts, and comes to the DR to live!!!!!
Looking for nothing but some R & R,. The last 8 months, no need of employment, single and independent, and speak's very little Spanish.

She had no love intrest before moving here! Just a 26yr old looking for some good time?s at a cool pace.

Not like some of the TWITS, that proclaim their love after a night of playing poky-mon!!!!!!!!

So I got the call tonight.

She is driving south, heading into Santiago, and is worried that if she stops, her Dominican boyfriend is going to catch up with her and finish her off!!!!!!!!!

So I, send the troops out, my husband's, best friend, and the family military guys along with some Dominican Cop's, from Haina to Santiago, to get her and drive her back.

Tomorrow after a shower and a hot meal, I will try to talk her into going back to the U.S.

So the troops called and she is on her way here.

Out of site, out of mind!

I will try to get her to post tomorrow, to warn some of the others from the?.

Lonely Hearts Club!!!

Thanks
Mechi & Tim H.
I feel so sorry for what she is going though. Tell us what happened. I wish her good luck.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Its a shame if she has to leave here cause of some jerk!

My heart is with her. I had to hide from someone in USA for a while. It wasn't fun at all. Had to leave my friends and family to go to a place I didn't know. Just to protect mine and my sons life. Its hell having to live in constant fear all the time.
Please keep us posted....

Does this country have protection from abuse? Not that it really helps.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Timex: Isn't your father in law an important guy in the army, police, or something like that? Maybe he could give this guy a good scare. Send him to the plan piloto...and see how he likes it.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I feel bad that something so personal and serious has been posted on the internet. The girl is still in her car, fearing for her safety, and this is being posted. :mad:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
She made it.

The guys got back around, 1:30 this morning. She is OK, and is recharging her batteries. Her Novio has no clue were she is.

We will definatly up-date later on.

Mechi & Tim H.:cool:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
domestic violence

Domestic violence is a problem all over the world. There are laws in the Dominican Republic but it will take years for them to become effective. I too was a victim and had to hide from my Ex-husband. I had to go to dramatic lenghts to hide and to protect my life. I have worked with many victims since that time. Babyblu is one of the lucky ones that got away in time. With good people to support her and hopefully following the advice of experienced people she will remain a survivor. My prayers are for her today. I wish her the best in the future and hope that she learns and moves on without too many emotional scars.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What are you talking about?.

Nelly said:
I feel bad that something so personal and serious has been posted on the internet. The girl is still in her car, fearing for her safety, and this is being posted. :mad:
From my understanding, nobody is making fun of the situation. This is a very serious situation and the only thing that it can be gained from posting here is for that poor girl to get some help from someone that posts here. It can also help to make people aware of the danger that someone can inflict on a "loved one". We can not only post about the great things in the DR. People also need to know about the abuse and the injustice. At least someone is helping that poor girl. And guess what?, the person that is helping her just happens to post here.
From me, thanks for posting it and please keep us informed.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I want to know what she did to piss off her boyfriend so much? It must have been really bad to make him cahse her like that. If that is what really happened.

Before all you feel-gooders jump on my case why do you automatically assume that she is telling the truth? Maybe she ripped this guy off. Maybe she attcked him.

Two sides to every story and unlike the movies on the "Lifetime" channel, the man isn't always the bad guy!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Two sides to every story...

This is true, I hope we get the ending of the story as well. Mechi and Tim, be careful...

By the way, if she lived in DR for 8 months (thats what I gathered from the post - correct me if I'm wrong please) she didnt meet anyone else there that can help her? Also, why run all the way to Santiago in the middle of night when she already knew something was going on a while ago? Did you guys know her before?

Dont know about all this, maybe is all me, there are too many questions lingering.

Anywho, I hope the girl is ok and I really hope she has some money to come back home.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
When I was MUCH younger, I was in an abusive relationship for seven years (I was just a wee thing at the time :)). At several points, I seriously thought that the only way out of it was suicide (now that should be a wake up call, if ever there was one). It wasn't until I managed to make some friends outside of his family and circle (all of mine had been systematically alienated, inlcuding my own family) that I got the courage up to leave that relationship. Believe me, it didn't take long.

I obviously know nothing about this particular person's situation, but I can easily see how in the relatively short time that she has been living in the DR, that all of her friends and contacts would be HIS friends and contacts. This makes it incredibly difficult to emotionally, let alone physically leave.

Please understand that I am not saying that there are not crazy psycho women out there who manipulate one group of friends and then move on to the next. It is possible that this is the case, but I sincerely hope it is not.

If the situation is as she describes, I am glad that she was able to make contact outside of the abusive relationship, and that she was able to find help. Chivalry is not dead, it seems.

Rose

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Recommend that.....

this one go in "required" reading/sticky for new people.

Best, P

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think it's great of Tim and Mechi to have helped out but why don't we wait to hear the whole story so we have a more clear picture of what happened.

poquito_loco

Jan 26, 2004
prestige-hosting.com
hmmmmmmmmm!

Well,
The thing is no man should chase down or threaten a woman no matter if she beat him, stole from him, or whatever she did to him if anything. So to assume that she was at fault don't excuse a man for harassing a woman in my mind. I wish them both all the best in life. And to those who have helped her. I say thanks to you all for risking your lives.

P.S. If she shot him well then maybe and only maybe should he shake her up a bit.

Best Regards, PL

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
The only thing I can believe is that TIMEX got a call from a woman he knows who claims to being chased by some guy!

So lets hold of on the "abusive relationships", Men are "Macho Pigs" talk until we are privy to all the facts.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Been Busy.

My Apologies.

But we have been totally busy with getting Babyblu(BB), back together.

Saturday, after we got the short version, we took her with us to Mama?s, and she got to watch the guys, catch a bunch of ducks, and get them ready for the women, to make a big family lunch for Sunday.

In between stepping out for a smoke with me, and sitting with my wife, she was starting to relax enough to start talking about options, and making contact with her folks back home.

Our Family knows her situation, and the women are starting to offer her some advice, to which she is listening.

In between, we have been taking her, with us on the rounds, the colmodos, restaurant, parkacita, and introducing her as my sister(Mana), Mama thought that would keep all the stray dogs away. When were not moving, were just spending time at Mama?s.

I thought the best was yesterday, when she sat down for lunch, and looked at the duck, we just slaughtered the day before, going on her plate. Everybody was shocked, she more than ate her fill, and kept saying how good it was.

She?s been talking to her Mom.

So basically, BB, is a 26yr old, attractive, Gringa, who has been living here for 8 month?s, and speaks no Spanish. Who has no immediate financial worries.

She has been involved with her boyfriend for a short time. Whose resume is that he worked as a mechanic, and then the last few as a barber, he quite working all together at the same time she bought the car.

Shopping and buying a car, put him out front and in charge, after getting the car, and completely moving into her house, he started becoming abusive, when questioned by her, or didn?t like the way she was acting. The last time, the one that made her bolt, scared her enough, to fear for her life.

I will post more later, we have one more day of R&R, and then, there will be a Military Exercise, back to the North Shore, to cleanly detach her from there, and get all of her belongings.

Talk to you later.

Tim H.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.