Dominican Holidays

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Talldrink said:
I swear this nation has the MOST holidays in the entire wrold!!

Enjoy, it is a benefit of living here.

Don't knock it, for some of the people in the D.R. the holidays are the only respite from a 7 day week, 12 hr day workload.

Regards, PJT

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't know how the number of holidays in the DR compares with other countries, but think about the embassy and consulate employees. In addition to the holidays of the host country, they also get the holidays in their home country.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Yes Ken, I KNOW! I was there for Xmas and I had to wait forever for my passport (it was stolen) I had to wait for both the DR holidays and also the USA ones to get my stuff back.

Is really funny b/c most holidays have something to do with some religion and all they do there is drink, go the beach and go dancing. Every time I call one of my friends there, Oh we are going dancing, is a holiday. They are always 'celebrating'!

I love it though...

blong

Sep 30, 2003
I think it is funny that virgins are so rare in the DR that each one is able to get her own holiday.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Thats not nice...

Where are they really popular? I think you will find more in the DR than in many other places...

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Nope, Diciembre baby!

Principe, have you been for Xmas there?

Love semana santa, but nothing beats being there when all the Doms have been paid double and can party for 2 weeks straight along with their NY buddies and all the girls that were dancing in Suiza :)