Friends in DR, etc...

lostgringa

Jan 26, 2004
Hiya.

I'll be moving to the Sosua/Cabarete area soon - I hope April 2004! I'm familiar enough with the costs of living (around $1,000US to just get by, right?).. and I have some local "acquaintances" that will make it a bit warmer for me..

My question is this: Are there any females in or around that area, around my age (28), that would befriend li'l ol' me? Because if I experience withdrawals from anything, it will be from my friends!

I'm preparing for the culture shock, difference of living, etc.. but one thing I cannot prepare for, is the lack of companionship with girlfriends!!

Help a chickie out?

:eek:)

email me if you'd like!

OH, and anyone have suggestions for cheap apartments in those areas? I have a dominican friend checking it out, but more heads are better than one.

poquito_loco

Jan 26, 2004
prestige-hosting.com
Hey Now!

Not sure if this will help but hereis a post of a lady comming to stay for a year. I come live for one year ...what about the situation????? is just a ways down from yours on the list!

Best of luck to ya, PL

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
You may be in luck. There are 2 DR1ers on here that are sisters, fun loving, and about your age. They moved to Cabarete last year.

PM or email them after doing a search for their names:

GirlyGirl and Cabaretecid

PS - hope they don't mind my mentioning them!

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
hi ya

me & Jo G will be out there from July (only 6 months though-staying Puerto Plata) were meeting up with various people who are out there now and due out after us. im sure they'll be plenty of days/nights out in POP and Caberete ! youll have to come for a few drinks !

wouldnt mind meeting up with a few DR1'ers too !

laura