hiv..aids

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
did you guys know that the most afflicted areas in the DR with regard to hiv are puerto plata and the general vicinity. According to many health related sites on the net 2.5% of the dr population as a whole are hiv positive. The majority of this population live in the pop area and are surprise surprise sex workers . I actually work in the medical area myself and a few doctors who are familiar with pop suggested that amongst the pop sex workers at least 15% of that population would be highly likely to be hiv positive. That is a huge worry....1000's of dr nationals are dead since 1985. Ive met loads of guys who say that the dr has been a male dream, but f@#k me dead (so to speak)what a way to WAKE UP......a hiv diagnosis. ( An interesting not , apparently the dr has been the shining star in recognising and curtailing the growth of this virus)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Do us a favour

On this often appearing and grossly overstated (as to rates of infection) topic:

1. Quote your sources - " the net" being a paragon of accuracy as to the 2.5% rate in the general population ( that's 1 in every 40 people in POP).

2. What do you do in the "medical area"? Are you a physician? Or an orderly? Ideally you are an epidemiologist so we can rely on this data.

The "suggested" rates appear to be based on speculation, and repeated anecdotally sound dubious at best, although the use of expressions such as "suggesting...appear to be highly likely" can also mean "don't appear to be anything of the sort". What's your motive?

What is the DR doing to curtail the growth of the virus?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Is there a "POINT" to your post?

Or do you just just like yellinh "Fire" in crowded threaters? Why do you want to build a house here,if "Everyone" is going to die from "HIV/AIDS"?Cris Colon:confused:

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I don't think you could ever yell "Fire" too many times for this . . .

I did not hear it was that high, please quote you source. 2.5% -5% is typically quoted for the cane worker etcetera.
Not the general population in Puerto Plata. But unprotected sex there is foolish, but then again this has been discused many times before.

-Lee

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Please post the link to your source or this thread will be closed. We've covered this subject many times. I've looked at many sites which cover percentages but have never seen one with Puerto Plata specifically. So please post your source and the " Dr so and so" isn't good enough.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
You do

Need to site a source or reference for this. I would not trust much information from the web,solely.

However, Anna, I do remember a few years ago Alba and I having a discussion about this while driving through Esperanza. She was giving me figures on specific cities in the DR that she had heard on TV news and read in the papers. So apparently the DR government did at one time at least have such information and made it public on a regular schedule.

But then again Leonel was president then, too, and we had gasoline and electricity.

Tom (aka XR)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe Leonel was sending the message to his people that condoms are a good idea.

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
hiv....aids

In responding to the people that were easily angered/ irritated or whatever. My sources are as follows.

re hiv prevalence rates in the dr:
2.5% approx of dr population
dr population 8.5 mill people.
The amount of people estimated to be living with the hiv equals 130000.
www.synergyaids.com

apologies re the following;
I mistakenly stated that the majority of those affected by hiv live in pop or the vicinity. According to www.medanthro.net (newsletter mar2002). I should have recounted that pop is the 2nd most afflicted area with hiv.

I believe that i stated my sources as being anecdotal and at no point did i claim to have derived this information from a credible source. Other than stating that it came from a colleagues mouth...re 15% of sex workers being hiv positive. (point taken from mr toronto). However i have seen this figure myself

re my shining star comment
dr and haiti have signed working agreements to collaborate on hiv prevention.........synergyaids.org

1000's dead........look for your selves it all over the net.

You are mathematically correct mr toronto , according to www.medanthro.net (news letter 2002) 1:40 dr adults has hiv, and when evenly destributed across the board 1:40 dr pop adults. However, if as mentioned above pop is more affected than other dr cities well i guess its probably more than 1:40.

re my earlier post ; id like to apologise for my sloppy presentation and absense of any known referencing technique. But when i read the drivel that regularly comes out of the appropriately named c.colon's mouth (i couldn't have chosen a better name myself ...i bet you must have got some sh#t for that at school).I thought " well this is the interllectual standard, I think ill contribute some information to stimulate discussion" . You know in much the same way as we ordinarily do when we converse with each other. I was quite clearly wrong please accept my humble humble apologies.
Perhaps mr Toronto would care to prove his statement re "overstated"....who said this YOU? Please if your going to critisize my writings please apply the same standards to yourself.

Mr Colon ;At least for the most part Mr Toronto was able to correctly restate what i had written. You my friend used the word 'everyone' placing it in inverted commas (a direct quote).A t no point did i say "everyone" . So if you going to apply the blow torch to me , rest assured ill apply it to you smart a**!
The reasons for me wanting to live in the dr are my own and im sorry to say not everyone who wishes to build a house will necessarily want to expose themselves to hiv.
'colon'.... what a name lol

Anna ; re the smart little quip 'Dr so and so wont do'..maybe thats why i didnt say it the 1st place. Ones position has no relevance in this discussion. You sound a little frustrated. Maybe your interest in sex toys has merit , i for one urge you to order order order.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Your data

Whether the posted source is credible or not their 2001 figures actually state that sex workers are 4.6% not 15%, knowing that and using that source, why would you say 15%? Particularly as you admit it isn't from a credible source, e.g. you maybe would not believe it yourself but you feel free to post is as fact about that area. The whole thesis of your original post was about Puerto Plata and thus it appears to be more or less, incorrect.

I suggest it was all to be inflammatory. As for the rest of your long winded reply you have a lot of very hateful feelings particularly those towards Anna, the moderator.

You know don't you that Cristoforo Colon is the actual name of Christopher Columbus who discovered the Americas and the DR in particular? I doubt Criss was called that in school.

NB: Re-read - the "overstated" reference was as to this topic on the board as it appears from time to time by thosewho read an article or are told something and then fell it best to publish it for the sake of making the DR look bad or dangerous or both.

I still don't understand the "point" of why you posted it other than to sensationalize something. For 13 posts you should be more diplomatic or go post somewhere that enjoys this sort of thing.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Doctors are typically going to have an exaggerated idea of how many people have AIDS, since MOST of the people wanting to find out if they have it or not are going to be pretty high risk.

I know a gynecologist who practices in the UTESA area of Santiago who claims that nearly all UTESA students are HIV positive. Now this man has done jail time for performing illegal abortions and he has a reputation for this and other bad things so I imagine that most of the women who come to him for testing and other treatments are pretty low on the morality scale, no respectable Santiagan would confess to having been treated by this man.

Consecuently he deals primarily with "chica bipers" and only the ones who have reason to think their recent "transactions" were not adequately protected. Naturally a high percentage of them are going to have health problems, but they do not represent the polulation at large, they do not even accurately represent the sex workers at large.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Re: hiv....aids . . . . and a soap box

MrMagic you have to be pretty stupid to nest name calling and acidic hate comments with in published stats about the Dominican Republic. Shows you care for neither the DR or HIV. With all the danger and seriousness of HIV and AIDs you have to degenerate the whole discussion to a childs game of name calling, lol oh that's brilliant, watch how you "improve" the world.

Editted to add, Robert missed a thread . . .

HIV rate in the DR

-Lee

Last edited:

john peay jr

Jan 28, 2004
...search Dr Boyd Graves.com VS US Govt

I believe your attention of this very serious world virus is a cooked disinformation tactic by your media and the US media. Dr Boyd Graves, a civil rights activist has been rocking the genocidial boat of the US Govt since 1998 ! There is a cure! From the reasearch flow chart that was used to create this black/brown people killer..with a continued disinfo tactic on gay white men, drugs and any other distractor the USSA can use. On this flow chart..you will see that it is for cancer research and numerous other viruses. The point is ladies and gents...this is a clear truth of population control when it comes to first out; it has and will always be black or brown. The vice of this virus is the past attempts to make sterile black women and men. Why increase the SEX story simple...black man white woman=black babies, white man black woman =black babies, black man black woman= BLACKBABIES !!! We all know wht happened to the dodo bird right . Has anyone asked themselves how come the massive spread of this horrific death has its total structure in major black populations? Why is the cure not being brought to the forefront of the UN,media presstitutes? Why are our governments letting this continue? If they lied about weapons of mass deception...a few more million dead wont matter will it!!: speechles

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
HIV

news

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/uclickcomics/20040127/cx_tt_uc/tt20040127&e=2&ncid=

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Re: ...search Dr Boyd Graves.com VS US Govt

john peay jr said:
From the reasearch flow chart that was used to create this black/brown people killer..with a continued disinfo tactic on gay white men, drugs and any other distractor the USSA can use. .... Why increase the SEX story simple...black man white woman=black babies, white man black woman =black babies, black man black woman= BLACKBABIES !!!

What about the involvement of the black helicopters, the UN world army and the Zionists? The conspiracy quadrangle is woefully incomplete with what you posted here. Got to go and read the Turner Diaries, by the wood fire and eat my MREs .

Jeepers, this takes the cake. Makes the original post look lucid by comparison.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is this going to turn into a race thing? Oh good. Gives me the perfect excuse to close this thread. Boss says. No race , no religion.

Thread closed

I was watching a progarm today that relates to what George posted

Can't eat salmon, meat, veggies are all full of pesticides, chicken overseas have a virus and are being destroyed. Milk is no good for old people as well as cheese and other dairy products. So you know what? I decided to do what I want and eat what I want because I may live longer if I live like a hermit and grow my own grass and leaves but what's the point.

Buy condoms and use them. Umm, but not during meals. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.