Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To My Friends In The North Of The Dr

Please get ready for this

I just learned on extremely good information that Smith Enron has enough fuel to last until Friday. This Friday. They are currently using their Reserves.

At first, the company was going to close down upon reaching the RESERVE levels in their fuel tanks. However, seeing that the shutdown might be interpreted by the government as support for the strike, they decided to 'let it ride' until the tanks are empty.

According to the source, this should happen sometime Friday.

Also according to this source, there is no fuel ordered, since the Government owes them US$38 million, and all they were asking for was US$3.5 million to purchase fuel....go figure.

Oh yeah, it takes two weeks for fuel to arrive....

Just so you know what is coming...

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't beleive this could ever come to pass . . . .

Prices must be allowed to reach the market price otherwise the whole country will shut down.

How could gas stations be out more than a day? how can anything function, how could any president mantian price controls in this situation. This situation is Bonkers and I refuse to beleive any shortage will last more than a day or two.

-Lee

Stephen

Default Costambar without power

Costambar (where Smith Enron is) was without power at least 4 hours last night and from around 11 am today until around 6pm.

aka - shadley
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the early warning HB. I got about 350 gal stocked up for this mess

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Something like this might start the strike right back up?

Post Thanks / Like

Does this include Santiago?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe this plant supplies Puerto Plata and portions of Santiago, but I am not sure.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default very curious

my wife and I are arriving on Saturday. What's the situation with public transportation? Are taxi's still running?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom, not much moving today because of the strike, but there is no indication any curtailment of taxis and guaguas/publicos is imminent.

Walking is good for you.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A bit off topic, but ...

Alba and I took public taxis to Puerto Plata from Sosua Saturday and Sunday. No problem finding one.Although I did notice looking over the driver's shoulder that in both cases their tanks were on empty.

Generally there has not been a big problem getting gasoline here. Greg at Coastal has had it one day ouf three by my reckoning and he is running out mostly because he's not limiting sales. Other places only sell $200 or $300 pesos at a time. But still, they have generally been open.

As to the Smith-Emron plant, well, what can you do. We get power from there and from plants east toward Nagua. Power went out last night at 6PM, came back again at 5AM, went out at 6AM, and we're stillout. Running the big orange diesel brute right now. But at least I was able to but 230 gallons of diesel last night which will keep me in good shape for a few weeks at least electricity wise.

Tom (aka XR)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast