Looking for great bars and dance clubs

E

Eddie

Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone of you knows some great bars and clubs to go to in Santo Domingo...I will be visiting there from July 30th to August 6th, 1999 with some friends that are going for the first time and we love to party hardy....so any sugestion will be greatly appreciated. Please email me. Thanks.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Santo Domingo doesn't have what I would call great discos/dance clubs. You may want to try the Jaragua disco, that can get busy on a Fri and Sat night, also "Neon" at the Hotel Santo Domingo. The "in" bars at the moment are "Trio" on Abraham Lincoln, mixed crowd and "Fridays" on Gustavo Mejia Ricart on a Sat night, this is a young crowd. The city has many great bars, all depends on what you are looking for. How old are you? This will help me point you into the right direction.

Robert.

D

Doreen

I'll be there at about the same time (Merengue Festival)so there should be lots to do in terms of live music. I agree that the disco at Jaragua is good. THere is also one further along the Malecon, going west that is open really late, next to a place called casa de mofongo (Or something like that). Helps if u speak some spanish to find good places. If I find anything else I'll post it.

Have a great time. dd