I want to post this warning about the nasty virus that is running around since Monday

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
According to McAfee and Norton and the NY Times, the new mass-mailing worm called MYDOOM is sweeping the world.

Be extremely cautious about opening any email, no matter who it is from with the message in this jargon:

"The message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment." Do not open the attachment.

Norton and McAfee have DAT files that take care of the virus but you might have to ask for updates...

Be careful out there..

HB

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Also

The subject line may say something about "failed delivery" or "partial message attached" and I would like to
SUPER EMPHISIZE WHAT HILLBILLY SAID......it can be from anybody you know. We're seeing a lot of it up here the last two days.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I was lucky. I've gotten a number of those messages recently, but since the names of the people to whom my messages supposedly could not be delivered were completely unknown to me, I didn't open any of the attachments.

Keep in mind that a real "could not deliver" message does not have an attachment. All the info is in the body of the message.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I've also gotten many of these messages, from postmaster @ ..., mailer-daemon @ ..., failed message, error, etc. Just deleted them without a second thought. Yahoo sends them right to my junk mailbox, so they seem to be on top of the situation.
Be careful out there.
mk