Something to do in Santiago

spike00lee

Jun 29, 2003
I visit Santiago quite often, mainly on weekends. But sometimes I am there during the week. I would like to find some activity to do during the day until everyone comes home from work..

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Have you ever been to Cascada water park?

It is kind of small, but there is a bar in a pool to pass the time.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is on the

Avenida Hispa?ola out past the Centro Espa?ol.

There is the Leon Museum on Av. 27 de Febrero in Villa Progreso.

There is the Museo Folkl?rico on Calle Restauraci?n between General L?pez and Plaza Valerio

There in the Monument and the surrounding eateries.

There is the PUCMM university to walk around in, people watch-girl watch-if you behave yourself.

There is the UTESA university for the same thing.

There is the International Mall on Juan Pablo Duarte and Ponce street, the Zona Rosa on Juan Pablo Duarte and La Salle.

That help?

HB

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
That helps me, too. I would like to check out those museums the next time I am in Santiago (God knows when).

I liked the Plaza International when I was in Santiago - I would go there once or twice a week to get a dose of a cosmopolitan environment - it seemed like thats where some wealthy people from everywhere went shopping. Also, the only movie theatre I ever went to in DR is on the top floor. And a book store that had free internet on 2 computers is on the 1st level.

spike00lee

Jun 29, 2003
Sounds like a plan.. All I need is someone with a car, because I dont drive when I am there. It's a little different from driving in Miami. I also go to plaza international and watch the movies.