How expensive is 1 day in Cabarete / the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
How much does 1 day in Cabarete cost?:

How much is the average price for at dinner in a normal restaurant at the beach incl. beverages?

How much is the entrance fee for the clubs/discos?

How much is the rent for the chairs and sun umbrellas at the beach - if there are any?

How much is cocktail mojito or whatever in a club?

How much is a (2day?) trip to Santo Domingo?

Did I miss anything important?

I think with these question answered I can calculate the total costs of my trip.

Thanx in advance... you guys help me a lot to plan my holiday...

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
1) you can get a good dinner in a Cabarete Beach Restaurant from about 4 (some even less) to under 10 US. Of course there are also a few "better" reataurants, which are more expensive.

2) No entrance fee to any bar/disco on the main beach. If there is a live Merengue/Bachata concert in a bar a little bit outside from the main beach, they charge about 3 US entrance.

3) Rent for sunchairs is as far as I know 30 Pesos (less than 1 US). Depending on the hotel you book, they might have beach sunchairs inclusive.

4) Most cocktails in the beach bars are about 1.50 to 3 US. There are also a few "hot spots" (little bars right beside the main bars) where you can get the drinks for much less.

5) Have to check on this Santo Domingo Tour. I guess around 70 US ?

quaqualita

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
So that?ll come to ...

76.48 $$
Take 77 $ with you, you never know.
M?frog.

Quaqualita, das naechste Mal fragt einer, wie viele Clopapierrollen er mitbringen soll ... ich bewundere Deine Geduld.
Gruss Frosch

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mexx78 said:

Did I miss anything important?

mexx, just bring more money than you think you will spend. Once you get here you will think differently about how you want to spend your time and money than you are now. Come prepared and do your budgeting when you get here.

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Re: So that?ll come to ...

mountainfrog said:
Quaqualita, das naechste Mal fragt einer, wie viele Clopapierrollen er mitbringen soll ... ich bewundere Deine Geduld.
Gruss Frosch [/B]

How many roles of toiletpaper and how many condoms should I take with me? Which kind of paper do you recommend? Das flauschigere oder doch das gute aus dem Osten? Sorry, forgot this one: :cool: :)

Thanks for your helpfulness....

Last edited:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
In Vertretung

Da die geduldige Dame offensichtlich off-line ist, nur so viel:
Bleib bei Deiner Marke; ich weiss, dass die Leute aus dem Osten mit dem Westkram nicht zurecht kommen.
Kondome kannst Du hier in guter (Ost-)Qualitaet kaufen.
Ich habe den Eindruck, dass Du Dich in Cabarete sehr wohl fuehlen wirst.
Einen schoenen Urlaub!
Frosch.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
hey guys, easy...

I have had in the past so many questions or needed detailed info about something and I allways received great help on this board.
I'm glad, now it's my turn to help somebody out.

Also, please play with the ruleson this board and stick to English, or Robert might close this thread.

quaqualita

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.