Help for Haitian Gardener

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
Anyone know where my Haitian gardener would get advice on how to get money owed to him by a former employer.
Thanks
Kim & Paul

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That depends

Basically he is SOL! Now, if responsible people were to go up to this cheapskate and tell him that he is casting a poor image of foreigners and to please pay what he owes, then maybe something will happen.

As many of you know I posted about the possibility for finding work for a young Haitian boy that does not speak much Spanish but has pretty fair English! Although no one took me up on the kid, a Haitian that lives in the states became very interested in this guy and sent him some money to tide him over. The kid has gone to B?varo looking for work!

With the inflation, most construction is stalled so he is not doing well....

The offer for his services as a houseboy, gofer, gardener, whatever is still open.

HB

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Post the name & phone here of the dominican that ripped off the haitian..

They might not be so smug if they get a few phonecalls.

I don't like the way some Dominicans treat haitians.

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
It was not a Dominican it was a German, and yes we could go and ask him to pay but I think it might get nasty!! so maybe there is a better way
Kim & Paul

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
we will ask our gardener if he would like everyone to know, if not, its up to him, but is there an organisation to help him get the money he is in his opinion owed,
and we have no reason to doubt him.
Kim & Paul

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
cheers guys for all your help
information will be taken to his lawyer on Monday.
thanks,
Kim & Paul

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Please

Please send the phone number of the Haitian guy, info where he is exactly located.

I have a friend who work at the Haitian Embassy in Santo Domingo who is taking care about cases like that. The Embassy has the Lawyer.

Contact Ronal Beldor: (809) 765-2744 before get a personal lawyer

Post the number to deal it in a Diplomatic way.

Homer Simpson

Last edited:

poquito_loco

Jan 26, 2004
prestige-hosting.com
my experience!

I once did a job for a guy from Germany in the usa,S.W. Florida, at a resort named the Shangri'la.

He had gootten millions of dollars from Germans to renovate this resort. The whole contract was for 68,000.00US.

The deal was I would create a water fall out of 6 ton boulders along the banks of a environmentaly sensitive water way that was a home for the endangered species of Florida Manatee.

After getting through all the Govt's red tape and inspections the job was finally completed. The guy left the next morning to return to Germany still owing me 5,000.00US.

I waited for nearly 8 month's for the return of this individual inorder to try to collect the ballance due. I took a few redneck (local) buddies went to the resort. Approached the man and demanded payment. He took a look att he fellas with me and decided it was time to pay up.

There are people that feel they can intimidate a single man or woman but come in #'s especially with a local group of people and just the presence of the individuals causes people like this to become intimidated themself and paytheir debt's.

I wish this young man the best of luck in collecting his money. I would just hate to see the lawyer end up with even 1 peso of this mans hard earned money for no reason.

Regards, PL

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
AH HA! I just KNEW it wasn't a Dominican!!!

I just had the feeling that it wasn't a Dominican. All the more reason to have a go at this person. As I said above, he is casting a bad light on us all...

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not to say that

Dominicans don't screw some of their Haitian workers, but since this was North Shore, the "feeling" I got was that this was a foreigner....

The thing is that Dominicans that hire Haitians are usually happy with their work. Shoot, the construction industry could not function without Haitians. And there is a Haitian underground that gets the word out about the SOBs that don't pay up....

Hope this is resolved.

HB