whale watching and other activities

Louise

Jan 31, 2004
Hi
We are planning our first trip to the DR and are staying in Punta Cana. While searching for things to do there, I found a site about whale watching in Samana Bay, but this tour leaves from a spot 8 hours away from our hotel. Are there any tours available that leave from Punta Cana?
For someone who has never been to the island, what "trips, sites, and things to do" should not be missed?
Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Louise

Jan 31, 2004
I sent Kim an email yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I will let you know what she says when she posts.

There doesn't seem to be as much to do in the Punta Cana area as there are in other areas on the island...or maybe I just can't find them. I'm still hoping to get some more messages with ideas for different activities.

MAL_Canada

Jan 4, 2004
LOUISE:

I returned from my first trip to DR a few weeks ago (I am still missing the warm friendly country).

My friends and I did the Saona Island tour, which is an all day tour. The cost was $75US and we booked through the resort. All 3 of us enjoyed the trip and would do it again.

There are jeep trips and outback trips that you can also book at the resorts. We did not do either, but others we talked to enjoyed the trip.

There is also parasailing and fishing trips available from the resorts as well.

Depending on how long you are there you may also want to plan a trip by taxi into Higuey or Santo Domingo if you have extra time.

At the very least you can always lay back and enjoy a relaxed, no pressure leisure time.

Enjoy