Electronics Parts Suppliers?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Anyone know of any companies/stores in Puerto Plata or Santiago for electronics geeks like me that need parts?

EdeNunca blew up every TV, wall-wart (if you don't know don't ask just go directly to the Mars-Penis forum) satellite receiver, and stereo at Xanadu a few days ago. Most damage seems to be simple 2A/250VAC fuses that I can painstakingly unsolder and replace. Cristian just came back from DeLancer in Sosua and they don't have fuses! Makes you wonder how they repair anything.

I know about RadioTrash in the International Mall in Santiago, and I could order from the 'States I suppose. But this kind of damage means multiple trips for parts until you get it right which means weeks of messin' around here in the good 'ol D.R.

Anybody know any other stores or companies in POP, or STGO for resistors, capacitors, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, etc?

Much appreciated!

Tom (aka XR)

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Isn't Camden Tom coming down soon? Why don't you see if someone is coming down, order it, ship it to their address, and let them bring it down - like we did for you!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thanks, Jan.

I may do that.

Problem is that this kind of work is like plumbing for me. You go out and buy $100 worth of stuff, and find that itall won't work without the $0.10 part you forgot and have to make the trip all over again.

When you get into repairing this kind of damage you might replace the fuse, and then discover that a $0.10 resistor is blown just upline, and have to go get that. That's why nowadays nobody does it. Except here. In the U.S. they just throw the whole card away and replace it. They never repair things on a component level anymore.

But I am poor! Can't throw out a RD$20000 TV just for RS$200 in parts!

Tom (aka XR)

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Parts & Pieces

XR,

Try contacting MrMike. His store (Discount Electronics) is in Santiago. They have always been able to fix whatever we have broken.

Dianne