Want your place to look great?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
A friend of mine here in Santiago just recently did an amazing job decorating my apartment.. She organized everything, from painting the walls, to finding fantastic furniture (and negotiating me great discounts), getting everything delivered, and making sure everything looks great. She has fantastic design & color taste; I regularly get comments about how things look here.

Are you interested getting help in decorating your apartment or house? In having someone you can have take care of fixing your place up? She charged me reasonable rates, and I'm willing to personally guarantee her work, coz what she does is fantastic. And from the amount she saved me in furniture discounts more than pays for her.

Currently she's in an unrelated job she doesn't enjoy. I think she should consider starting a small business to help expats & new arrivals get settled in the DR. I'm curious to know if there is enough interest in something like this. Since she lives in Santiago it would be easy for her to help people across the country.

What do you think?

Adrian

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Some have used professional interior designers, but I would think your contact would be less expensive.

Sounds like a good idea. I certainly would have used her last year.

I'm trying to find an artist to paint a mural on a wall in our house in Sosua. Would she have contacts for that?

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
I would think she'd be in demand. So many of us have homes we can't find the time to decorate.

Actually, Scott is a source of info too. He's decorated several that look like they belong in a decorating magazine. He has very good taste.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Man, if she worked for AdrianB

She had to understand Aussie, mate.

From g'day! Tah havin' a glass o' piss in the aternon (that's Assie for beer!)

Of course she does!!

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Adrian speaks very good spanish, he lived in mexico (I think).
this girl that he is refering to is also a good friend of mine and extremely friendly and good looking. She knows her work well and understands a person's taste. I am sure she will be a great asset to anyone interested in her services.
I am sure adrian will PM you her number and name.
Have a nice day.
AZB ( so happy to be back to santiago from cold hell).
P.S. she also speaks some english. Just speak slowly with her.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Her english is decent, not excellent. She is very sharp though, and a great person to have on your side.

She has contacts for all kinds of stuff, including murals.

I don't want to publish my place on the net, but if anyone is interested in seeing the job she did, PM me privately, and I will send some photos.

Adrian