hello?

zimgirl

Feb 2, 2004
ok think I have this figured...will be coming out to DR in september and wondered if anyone knows of a yoga class or martial arts club in S. Domingo? Partial to karate and t'ai chi but intersted in any of the arts or styles.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
DR just qualified to participate in the Athens Olympic Games in karate. We also have a Panamerican women's champ. There are many karate schools. When you come, just pick up the phone book and find the one closest to you and talk to the professors there for where you can watch the most advanced forms of karate. Regarding tai chi... there is a group that practices in the afternoons at the grounds of the St. George School. Call them to find out the schedule. There was another group that practiced in the Club Mirador del Sur.

zimgirl

Feb 2, 2004
thanks Dolores..getting the hang of this now. So many questions though...do I start a new thread? I am a Zimbabwean currently living in uk and embarking on a 3 month voluntary project (teaching) in S Dom. Have read the lonely planet guides etc and done a bit of research but nobody tells it like the locals do they? Essential items for a girl to pack (besides a generator)? Inside info on social life? I am a single 30 something and have discovered that there arent many of us in sunny england? What not to do in DR? Any useful tips greatly appreciated.