need attorney to help with U.S. consulate

usbound

Feb 2, 2004
This is probably like looking for a needle in a haystack. I was deported from the U.S. After returning to D.R. INS passed jugdement on my case and said I should not have been deported. I was given an appointment to appear in front of a judge in the U.S. I did not make the appointment because the U.S. consulate denied me re-entry into the U.S. I'm thinking maybe I need an attorney from here that has a good relationship with the U.S. consulate. The problem is whatever attorney I go to will gladly take my money and tell me what I want to hear but I need someone legit. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about finding the right attorney?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Fabio Guzman is the attorney who answers questions in this section. He has been out of the country for a couple of weeks, but should be back by the end of this week.

To contact him by email: info@drlawyer.com

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
Or you can contact Wilson Feliz he is an immigration attorney in NY he is very good with INS, those are the kind of cases that he works with... pm me and I?ll give you his data.. good luck!!bye

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Unfortunately, I cannot help you since I'm not a US immigration attorney. I just deal with immigration issues under Dominican law.

There are several Dominican-born attorneys licensed to practice US immigration law who should be able to help you. One of them even has a television program on Dominican TV dealing with US immigration issues. Her name escapes me at the moment. I'll try to post the name at a later date.

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Lissa said:
Or you can contact Wilson Feliz he is an immigration attorney in NY he is very good with INS, those are the kind of cases that he works with... pm me and I?ll give you his data.. good luck!!bye

I get the impression that USbound's problem lies with the US consulate in the DR who denies him a visa for his court hearing, not with the "Migra" itself...

usbound

Feb 2, 2004
You are 100% correct Paulino. My problem was obtaining a visa from the US consulate in the Dominican Republic not with the INS in the states.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The name of immigration lawyer Yadira Morel who participates on the Wednesday (I believe) evening talk show of Jochi Santos (El Mismo Golpe on 106.5FM) comes to mind. There are a few others that have radio programs. If I catch their names, will post here. I believe she has an office at Plaza Metropolitana, diagonal from the Olympic Center in Santo Domingo, Knoll store sign on the second floor.

usbound

Feb 2, 2004
I can only imagine what it would take to get such a high profile lawyer to take an interest in my case but it is worth the try. I'd just like to thank you for your help Dolores. Also Ken and Paulino.