When do hotels run out of diesel?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The diesel crunch has hit hotels and other large businesses on the North Coast. While some hotels had preference in deliveries, yesterday they received only a small portion of their orders. This was the last of the last available diesel.

With power out 20 hrs per day, diesel generators are running constantly. If they break down or run out of fuel, you will see hotels running out of power. This would be a disaster for the tourism industry. I think the first hotels will run out in a few days if there are no more deliveries.

German and other European newspapers have already reported on the strike and the associated deaths. One report of hotels running out of electricity will send the tourism industry into a tailspin. If this happens, the whole country will come apart at the seams, but this may happen anyway the way it looks.

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Tourism will be hit hard

I can only imagine that many hotels who provide bus transportation for their employees won't be running those buses soon....

Tourists don't tolerate 1 hour outage now. I can only imagine what will happen when the outages come more frequent and last longer.

Maryanne

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Good question and one I don't have an answer for. Maybe some of the posters that lived in the DR back in the early 90's can shed some light, I believe a similar thing happened.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I am not trying ...

...to get under your skin Adrian. Really, love 'ya 'bud. But that's a silly question. Non sequitur. Read my typing people!

THERE IS NO FUEL SHORTAGE! This government is NOT paying for the fuel, and then limiting any stations that aren't affected by this from selling what they have. This is artificial, it's created, and it can be stopped overnight be either a) Baldy pulling a few Swiss Francs out of his personal account and paying the petroleum suppliers (when the Cubs win the World Series!) or by signing an order limiting the ration to only those stations who actually buy from Dominican government refineries (when the Vikings win a Superbowl!).

My hope is at least that Leonel will be able to achieve the second, until he can force a court to return to the Dominican people El Burro's Swiss funds.

Tom (aka XR)

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Re: I am not trying ...

Originally posted by XanaduRanch
...or by signing an order limiting the ration to only those stations who actually buy from Dominican government refineries (when the Vikings win a Superbowl!).

My hope is at least that Leonel will be able to achieve the second...
My husband would be delighted. He's a big Viking's fan.

Oh! You mean solving the fuel problem? That's much harder.