Barahona, where to stay

Dwald

Jan 22, 2004
Hi, we are going to Barahona (Bahia de las Aquilas) for a weekend, anybody know some nice, clean hotel/cabana/farm where to stay?
First time I was at the Barcelo Bahoruco, didn't liked it. Preference for local owned. Coralsol is good, but expensive...
Thank's

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I would break up the stay in two parts -- find a low cost hotel in Pedernales and then stay in Barahona. Pedernales is small so you can check out what there is available by asking at the bigger restaurants you may patronize for meals. They will lead you to what is available in Pedernales, which could be cheaper than what you find in Barahona. Ditto, check out properties as per signs and along the highway. But I would think Coralsol's price is about average for a good quality hotel in the area.

Dwald

Jan 22, 2004
Thanks Dolores, my problem was that Barahona and even Bahoruco is a long way from Cabo Rojo and Bahia de las A.
Everybody told me that in Pedernales there is absolutely nothing, that's why I am seeking advice just before getting there with family/child. It seems to me that Coralsol charge 60USDxperson which is pretty high.
Comunque thanks for your advice. I see there is not many people going down south.