business license

soo

Jan 13, 2004
I have recently been sent a copy of a supposed business license by a DR company which appears to be part of their Letters Of Incorporation. Is combining the two a common procedure in the DR ? Please excuse the simple question but I am absolutely unsophisticated when it comes to actual hands-on experience concerning the DR. Thanks! Skipper

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tough to tell without seeing the documents

Unless I am looking at the documents I cannot tell if they are even close to being legit.

A "Patente" is a License to do Business

What you call the incorporation papers should have the RNC # the national Tax Registry number among other data such as who owns the company and where the company is located

Better wait for Fabio

HB

soo

Jan 13, 2004
Business License

Hello Hillbilly:

Thank you very much for your informative response. I have forwarded a request for the business registration numbers, etc. as per your information as I see none of that information on my forms.

Regards, Skipper

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The old business license called "patente" was abolished some years ago.

If the business you are dealing with is a corporation, you should ask for:

a) certification from the Mercantile Registry ("Registro Mercantil") showing the company is in business.

b) tax ("RNC") number (if the Dominican tax authorities give you one it means that you can do business although additional permits may be required from other government departments).

c) special permits (for example, if it?s a hotel you are dealing with, a permit issued from the Ministry of Tourism; if it?s a restaurant, a permit from the Ministry of Public Health; and so on). Many businesses do not need special permits.

soo

Jan 13, 2004
Business License

Hello Fabio:

Nice to meet you.

Thank you for responding to my business license query. The company I am dealing with is incorporated and are carrying on business under your response (b) and will get other permits when necessary (they claim).

One other question please; do potential shareholders and directors of a corporation in the Dominican Republic need to be physically in the D.R. in order to signature documents certifying them as such?

Best regards, Skipper

Last edited: