Rte# 41 Constanza -> San Jose

cmoschella

Nov 27, 2003
mi.codetel.net.do
This road was not what the map (or the local police) promised. It appears as a paved high quality road on my map, it's more like a horse trail through the mountains. Thank god we had a 4X4 or we would have definitely been dead. 6 hours at night on this road from Constanza to San Jose was the best thrill on this island second only to the ladies. I wouldn't recommend this road for anyone who is sane or afraid of heights. The highest point I measured with an old aircraft altimeter was just over 10K Ft. Definitely an E ticket worth riding again, but my Dominican girlfriend is refusing to take the journey again.

P.S. - Bring lots of gas, food, drinks, and anything else you may want, because there is absolutely nothing along the way.

santodocam

Feb 11, 2004
Send more info

How do I access this road exactly. I see it on a national map, but as you said, it looks like a paved road. Also, I saw the high altitiude on the map, sounds like a great day trip. Please email me if you're going again and have room for another insane gringo.

JohnR

Jan 23, 2004
santodocam said:
How do I access this road exactly. I see it on a national map, but as you said, it looks like a paved road. Also, I saw the high altitiude on the map, sounds like a great day trip. Please email me if you're going again and have room for another insane gringo.

If you have a motorcycle, come do the Rally Frontera, I believe part of it will be on this road.

John