THANK YOU DR1'er / Relocation Assistance

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
THANK YOU DR1'er

THANK YOU DR1 Board Members:

For the past couple of years I have followed various postings on this board. One DR1'er offer the best advice ever..."figure out a way to make your money stateside and live in DR." This took a very long time to figure-out and implement but I happy to say "I DID IT." I am proud of the learning process I endured to figure out what this new approach could be and to put into action. Now I need help, especially referrals.

PLEASE DO NOT REFER ME TO THE NEWBIE SECTION. I've read it and re-read to point I almost know it verbatim.

1. Does Caller ID Block work in DR when calling the US? If so, how?

2. I need a good, responsive realtor (or other agent) to assist with my apartment efforts. I refuse to buy real estate yet, but looking to rent on the Malecon (must have a waterview, security, and constant power). Someone to setup EVERYTHING as my Spanish is rather limited.

3. I am most interested in AdrianB decorator friend (the reason I decided to join DR1 and not sideline anymore)

4. Any GOOD charities in SDQ?

DONT BEAT ME UP...like many of you tend to do new folks. Either offer assistance or move on to the next posting.
Thanks again,
TEHAMA

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
> 3. I am most interested in AdrianB decorator friend
> (the reason I decided to join DR1 and not sideline anymore)

I talked to her tonight; she can easily help get everything set up in Santo Domingo. She's quite adept at organizing things, she could probably help with managing realtors, etc if you needed. PM me if you want her contact info.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I don't know about caller ID block when calling the US, but there does seem to be a bit of a problem getting caller ID to work internationally in general here, when I receive international calls with caller ID usually the number displayed is some random number (incorrect amount of digits) having little to do with the number calling me, and likewise when I call people in the states and other countries they cannot see my phone #.

This is just based on the calls I have made, I have not investigated it further, I just chalk it up to one more Dominican theing that doesn't work. This is true both with my Codetel home phone (Verizon) and my Orange mobile (France telecom).

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Thanks Mike,
My plans are to have a fully functioning remote office in DR. I dont want my clients to know when I am not stateside. As, I dont think they would be comfortable working with me from an offshore location eventhough most of work is done via email, phone, and some fax.

The Idea situation would be that no number or location appear on the receivers end, when calls/faxes are placed from DR to the US.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Read the thread about "Vonage" phone service in the DR. If you have DSL, this will allow you to have a USA phone number and receive and make calls in the DR via DSL. I hear it works very well and works out very cheap.

Use eFax, then it looks like it's coming from a USA number.