Home Insurance

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Help me out here guys - I've checked the postings for household / property insurance and found dozens of threads but no mention of an actual company name that someone can recommend.

Any suggestions?

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
La Colonial has home insurance. I believe that it is also offered by Palic.

(Direct #'s: La Colonial =533-8969 or 1-200-0707 and Palic=562-1271 or 1-200-1270)

I personally think it's better to use an insurance broker , who will either know who is the best insuror to use for your situation, and will do your shopping for you. The broker gets a commission on the policy from the insurance company - your cost is the same.

You will be looking for "seguros incendios y lineas aliadas" =(fire insurance and all risks insurance).

If you want to look for a broker, look in the Yellow Pages under " Seguros Corredores" for insurance brokers.

Suerte.

Last edited:

Adam Spenser

Nov 29, 2002
I agree that a broker is the way to go, because he or she is not pushing one company, but will recommend a company that is a fit with your needs. If you want the name of a very good broker let me know.
Adam

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
i respectfully disagree

Adam Spenser said:
I agree that a broker is the way to go, because he or she is not pushing one company, but will recommend a company that is a fit with your needs. If you want the name of a very good broker let me know.
Adam
hi Adam
I wish i could believe that brokers DONT have personal favourites based on under the table back handers but .............i dont. All these insurance types/business types are motivated my the dollar and it doesnt matter where it comes from. (just my humble opinion)

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Yes Please ...

Adam Spenser said:
Adam

Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. If you could give us your broker's name and address details we would be delighted. - Pref. an english speaker

Do you have a rough idea how much we should pay for a three bedroom detached house?

Thanks

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
Try Angie at EPS in Sosua, she does all types of insurance.
Cheers Kim & Paul