Restaurant Name??

L

LYN

Heard of a really good restaurant somewhere near Casa de Campo, heard they have great seafood, giant lobster tails. Near an artist village type place. Anyone know of it? thanks.

D

Dan

Lyn,

I don't remember the name of the Restaurant, but I think the restaurant you are talking about is at Altos de Chavon in La Romana. Maybe someone else can remember the name.

Dan

J

John

Believe you are looking for "Piazetta" at Altos de Chavon. Check www.casadcampo.com. This site identifies and discusses all the restaurants there.

N

Natasha

There are several restaurants at Altos de Chavon, that is the name of the village you are referring to. There are two Italian restaurants, one is called Piazetta and the other Giacosa (?). The latter is not affiliated with Casa de Campo though. The most upscale is called Casa del Rio. I have eaten at all three, but my favorite is Casa del Rio. Both Giacosa and Rio have excellent seafood. Piazetta is also great; they have an extraordinary antipasto selection. Hope this helps.

Natasha

B

Barbara G?mez

I don't know about Casa de Campo or Altos de Chavon restaurants, but if you come to Santo Domingo, try Coco's, in the Colonial Zone, for original, good food. The owners are English and the menu is great! The address is Padre Billini 53.