More donations needed

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Hey there good posters!

More donations are needed for the children of the DR.

Please save a littl space in your baggage, and put it to good use.

There are a lot of worthy orginizations that could use your kind donations, and the children will always benefit!

Good luck to all.

Cheers
Jimmy

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
CabareteCid, in Sosua we could very much use school supplies such as paper, pencils, crayons, mathmatics flash cards, etc. A group of Dominican and expatriate residents is providing support for an elementary school that serves a mostly poor group of Dominican families.

Financial assistiance is also sought. These funds are used to buy school uniforms for children from families unable to afford them, and to put on a nice Christmas party for children from poor families.

Donations, both materials and money can be left with Sosua Business Services on the main street of Sosua. It is directly opposite the Britannia Pub.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Another idea is out of date medicines. The APRN in the medical clinic where I work, has been kind enough to save all the meds for me as soon as they go out of date. Most drugs have a much longer useful life than the expiration date would suggeste. We then bring them down with us, and give them to friends who can distribute them where they will do most good!! Bandages, sterile sponges, exam gloves and all other non durable medical supplies are also greatly appreciated!
John

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
A Dominican teacher told me that American chalk is very much appreciated. Apparently, it works much better than the kind bought in the DR. Of course, crayons, pencils, paper, etc. are all appreciated.

Mainer

carsey700

Dec 5, 2003
Scoobster ,
Going in one week where can I drop off in south area ? LA Romana , Juan Dolio,Boca Chica .

tngold

Jul 15, 2003
I will be coming to the sosua next week. What is the number one need right now? meds or school supplies? Also what meds is the most needed? Seems to me when I was in the DR last year basic medicine like aspirin and antibotic ointments were very expensive. Tell what is most needed and I will bring all I can. Also where exactly in Sosua is Sosua business services?

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
tngold said:
I will be coming to the sosua next week. where exactly in sosua do I bring this stuff.

School supplies should be dropped off at Sosua Business Services. It is on the ground floor of a white, 2 story building, and the entrance is from the sidewalk and well marked. It is directly opposite the Britannia Pub. Sosua Business Services is open week days until 5pm and until 12 noon on Saturday. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated.

If Angie Wolff, the owner, is there, introduce yourself to her. If not, the women who work in the office will be pleased to take the supplies. They speak English.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
donations

There was a call for donations on the north coast after the heavy flooding a couple of months ago which raised my interest. I have not heard a peep about it since. An update on the situation/progress/etc. would be nice.

Larry

thorndike

Feb 7, 2004
The DREAM Project

eastwest said:
I am heading to Bavaro area next week;
what do they need and where can I drop it off?

Thank you all again. Your donations are filling up our schools! We are offering site tours to all guests interested in visiting our schools and dropping off materials at the same time. We are doing this on Tuesday Mornings . We hope that by visiting our schools you will gain a greater understanding of the need and continue to support our efforts to assist in educating the children of the North coast.

Tours leave from the Cabarete DREAM office on Tuesday morning at 8:45am. We visit 4 of our schools and are back in Cabarete by 11:30. There is no charge for this tour but we do encourage people to join as members of the DREAM Project as a way to help sustain our organization and these tours; as well as a way to keep us in touch with you. If you are bringing supplies we will ask you to fill out a small sheet just stating what you have brought so we can keep track of what we are receiving and where it is going . This is important so that we can keep supplies coming into the right places.

Directions to our office: We a located in the Patio Plaza in the back . The Patio Plaza is in the center of Cabarete across the street from Dicks German Bakery. Cabarete is a 10 minute drive from Sousa, 30 minutes from Play Dorado,45 minutes from Puerto Plata and 45 minutes from Rio San Juan. I have also attached a wish list so that you can see some of the items that we need. Thank you in advanced and I look forward to meeting you.

If you are in Punta Cana , no problem, just e mail Thom Scheele, his e mail is thomscheele@earthlink.net he works as a photographer for Club Med and is helping us to collect donations in the East. We hope we can expand there one day.

Sincerely, Tricia
Email: info@dominicandream.org
Web: www.dominicandream.org

thorndike

Feb 7, 2004
The DREAM Project

Scoobster said:
Hey there good posters!

More donations are needed for the children of the DR.

Please save a littl space in your baggage, and put it to good use.

There are a lot of worthy orginizations that could use your kind donations, and the children will always benefit!

Good luck to all.

Cheers
Jimmy
Thank you all again. Especially Jimmy for starting this challange!!! Your donations are filling up our schools! We are offering site tours to all guests interested in visiting our schools and dropping off materials at the same time. We are doing this on Tuesday Mornings . We hope that by visiting our schools you will gain a greater understanding of the need and continue to support our efforts to assist in educating the children of the North coast.

Tours leave from the Cabarete DREAM office on Tuesday morning at 8:45am. We visit 4 of our schools and are back in Cabarete by 11:30. There is no charge for this tour but we do encourage people to join as members of the DREAM Project as a way to help sustain our organization and these tours; as well as a way to keep us in touch with you. If you are bringing supplies we will ask you to fill out a small sheet just stating what you have brought so we can keep track of what we are receiving and where it is going . This is important so that we can keep supplies coming into the right places.

Directions to our office: We a located in the Patio Plaza in the back . The Patio Plaza is in the center of Cabarete across the street from Dicks German Bakery. Cabarete is a 10 minute drive from Sousa, 30 minutes from Play Dorado,45 minutes from Puerto Plata and 45 minutes from Rio San Juan. I have also attached a wish list so that you can see some of the items that we need. Thank you in advanced and I look forward to meeting you.

If you are in Punta Cana , no problem, just e mail Thom Scheele, his e mail is thomscheele@earthlink.net he works as a photographer for Club Med and is helping us to collect donations in the East. We hope we can expand there one day.

Sincerely, Tricia
Email: info@dominicandream.org
Web: www.dominicandream.org