Just rambling.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
I was watching, Soylent Green, last night.
Starring Edward G, Robinson & Charlton Heston, it's set in the 2032, and the Government is turning the deceased population, into Soylent crackers to feed the masses.

Some things I related to....

Edward G, gets on the bicycle belted to an old car alternator, to charge up the batteries for their inverser.

Wow, got start my generator and charge my batteries here!

Charlton H, cleans out an apartment of a murder super wealthy victim, (on the board of directors- for the Government?s Soylent Program)and brings home a small steak, some fresh veggies, including a love apple(Tomato). And Edward G, cries " REAL FOOD!"
I'm thinking of Hippo-Peppy and others, with their ill-gotten wealth, while people are having trouble feeding their family's.

There were other things, but you get the idea.
Moving on...

I get up this morning, thinking about this crap, on my way to work, 6:30am, and thinking about some of the changes, that have gone on right around me, and it hit me.........

The road down to the refinery, every where I look, everything has Se Vende.

Holy shit!!!, I counted 27, new signs selling everything from a building, to large lots of land, and I thinking to my-self what the hell, everybody at once????

Ah it's just one of those days, or it could be I just realized I have to work though the weekend to finish a new project.

Thanks for listening.

Tim H.

Dec 9, 2002
I hope it's not a sign of anything ominous Tim. Maybe the signs have gone up one by one, you just haven't noticed before?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
One of the first things I noticed about this country is that the whole thing seems to be for sale - and that was 4 years ago.

But yeah, it does seem worse lately. One thing I'm noticing lately is that people are people are taking any oportunity to make a little extra cash, large houses being converted into several apartments, the extra ones rented out while the owners continue to live there, small cafeterias being opened in peoples front yards (I know this has always happenned alot, but I mean new ones) Garages being converted into colmados, and 1 out of every 10 vehicles on the road is for sale.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I noticed a sign quite a while ago, someone painted

ME VOY

VENDO TODO

in HUMUNGOUS letters on the wall outside their house. A combination of subtle humour and screaming desperation, I thought.

Chiri

PS Soylent Green is classic 70s sci fi, also a morality tale about the dangers of environmental collapse. I'd love to see it again and I wonder how it has stood the test of time.
PPS Timex, thanks for giving the ending away...

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
For people making cash in USD, this opens up many investment possiblities. The hard part is trying to predict when is rock bottom.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
I think it was the new Caldwell Bankers

sign, up on a very large piece of property, that started me looking this morning. Which is an old farm that has been in the same family for years, now it operates as a Holiday Club.

Coming back from lunch, I had to check them all again, all different, real-estate agents, but the signs a new, or freshly painted and placed.

All that, and Haina is dark since 1am, that?s a 1st for us, being most people who work in that plant, live in this town, we always have lights, even when they are throwing the switch on the Capital, to make a point.

At least we have gas & diesel still available, I been reading the stuff about the North Shore, and my heart goes out to you guys.

Oh yeah.

And just where the F*CK is that P*SSY Leonel!!!!!
Did he leave the Country or what????
Is he getting ready to announce his Presidential Candidacy, WITHDRAWAL??????

All this chaos and discontent running amuck!!!!
And he has nothing to say about what a bang-up job, baldy is doing.

This is opportunity knocking at your door!
So what are you going to do???
A/ Open the door, and let it in??
B/ Run away, hide under the bed, and hope it goes away???

Who ever your campaign manager is, you should send him over to the PPH!!!!

Hey, lets have another strike!!!! We can all stay home and play Poky-Mon, while things get even more worse.
Yeah Baby- that'll show you mean business!!!

Better yet, follow Haiti's lead!!!!
I mean come on, how long do you think the masses are going to stay quiet if there is no cold Presidente or Bachata, because the Electric Plants can't Produce, and there is no fuel for the stores generator's. Be ready for a match in a tinder-box!!!!

So send Leonel, to Miami to be elected in absentia, and IF he wins, the U.S. will have to bring him back with the Marines to clean house, all in the name of Democracy.

Cause once Baldy has all that money from the IDB & FMI, he is never going to go, quietly. That drop in the bucket, is just that, a drop, not even a band aid. But it will make the DR credit worthy, and open new doors of unrestricted borrowing.

So if the United States, uses it vote, in the IMF, then it is endorsing the Destruction of Democracy by giving this Dictator in the Making, all the money he needs to become another failed prot?g? of the New World Order.

Anybody over at the U.S. Consulate reading this, tell my buddy Hans, I wrote him a e-mail, why isn't he out there, putting some muscle behind the Church, coming out against this guy.

Not that I have any love for the Church, but hey, looking around, they're the only ones with enough fur on their B*LLS, right now. The rest are hiding under the bed with Leonel.

Ok I done ranting for now, I really Thank You for letting get this out, I feel so much better!!!

Tim H

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Wow Timex, I'm glad you were able to vent!

So Leonel is not running at all right now??

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yes, Leonel is running.

Wednesday's news: Leonel's candidacy registered at JCE

I would assume Leonel is sitting back and letting the PRD fight it out for the time being. Why take the heat off of them? Why lower yourself to that level of gutter politics?

I'm sure he's more concerned and working on the future of the Dominican Republic, than having a verbal fight with Hippo.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Re: I think it was the new Caldwell Bankers

Timex said:
And just where the F*CK is that P*SSY Leonel!!!!!
Did he leave the Country or what????
Is he getting ready to announce his Presidential Candidacy, WITHDRAWAL??????

All this chaos and discontent running amuck!!!!
And he has nothing to say about what a bang-up job, baldy is doing.

This is opportunity knocking at your door!
So what are you going to do???
A/ Open the door, and let it in??
B/ Run away, hide under the bed, and hope it goes away???

Who ever your campaign manager is, you should send him over to the PPH!!!!Tim H
I feel Hippo is the best campaign manager Leonel could ask for.

Assuming L.F. takes over, the situation he walks into will be no trophy to hold over his head.

I don't see how or why the U.S. would give a damn about the DR, please tell me different if it's so. I also don't think the DR would be interested in the "help", nor should "they".

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Billions of dollars for Iraq

and a lousy stinking 400mil for this country??
I am holding out hope that baldy does not get that money from the IMF. I mean come on, everyday I read all of the things that are going to be fixed, once the IMF loan resumes. 400mil and the Country will be healed, priase the Lord!!!!

So how come the IMF can't make a statement, that there will be no loans untill after the election.

Come on, somebody turn on a light please! Oh yeah, sin lu!

I hope Leonel does win, and I do not envy the job he has to take on, if he does.

But when is all this nonsense going to end??????

And what has got me going is, allot of old timers are starting to moan and grumble, right now somebody- anybody, stand up and lead them, and they would follow.

Yeah, good for Leonel, for wanting to run a class act, he will be the first polical hopeful to do so, in a long time.

But if baldy gets that loot, Leonel, doesn't stand a chance.
And neither do we.

Tim H.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You have to read and then re-read

the thing is that the IMF is going to "discuss" the DR accord on the 11th. It may not be signed for some time. Disbursements might not come until late April...

And they could even reject what has been happening, like re-evaluating the Budget at 40: 1, instead of 35 : 1. And what about the AES thing? If his baldness get his panties in an uproar and decides to but that one, there goes the deal and they have to start all over again.,...

HB

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: You have to read and then re-read

Hillbilly said:
If his baldness get his panties in an uproar and decides to buy that one, there goes the deal and they have to start all over again ...
Buy it with what? Recycled, burnt-out, huelga tires? Somebody's gotta teach me that trick!

Tom (aka XR)

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
AES has made it clear that they want out and if Hippo makes an offer like 250 mill (or whatever the asking price is i have no idea) with deferred payment starting July for next 20 years i think they would accept it, as to stay is a no win situation and a deal like that is good for Hippo as he takes control next tuesday of AES and the next goverment picks up the price tab for it.:)

Its only more debt but hey who cares? Hippos credit cards are not maxed out yet and he is sure collecting plenty of air miles.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Let's hope the World Bank and the rest care.

Bolt said:
Its only more debt but hey who cares? Hippos credit cards are not maxed out yet ...
It'd be worth it if he inks a deal to buy AES if it causes the loan package to fall through completely. I don't want to see that money in the Bald Hippo's hands before the election!

Tom aka XR

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Timex said:
Cause once Baldy has all that money from the IDB & FMI, he is never going to go, quietly. That drop in the bucket, is just that, a drop, not even a band aid. But it will make the DR credit worthy, and open new doors of unrestricted borrowing.

Tim H

"...open new doors od unrestricted borrowing"....no truer,pithy words have been written.. nail hit on head by Timex.....all these international organizations should stop aiding and abetting a criminal...in doing so, they not only do they soil their morality, but they become explicit accomplices and should be taken to some form of international court.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Yeah!

mondongo said:
... all these international organizations should stop aiding and abetting a criminal ... in doing so, they not only do they soil their morality, but they become explicit accomplices and should be taken to some form of international court ...
And they'd better string those bank execs right up in the same cell with the couple of million low life, no morality, Dominican accomplices who voted for him! No more PRD with 'em locked up and they'll be more room at the beach for fruity drinks with bamboo umbrellas.

_ Another Tom aka XR Post